''With the sunrise exercise, Wu's got planned? Eh, sure.'' You walked out. ''Meet you on the deck.''

Wearing your Orange Ninja gi, you walked onto the deck, the skies above beginning to brighten with the sun approaching the crest of the horizon. You vaguely remembered the warm-up stretches the ninja had been doing way earlier, in the time before Lloyd had grown up too quickly.

It didn't take long for your muscles to ache in protest with each stretch, save for your arms as they had been used to strenuous exercise while using the wheelchair. You glanced over your shoulder, spotting Kai in his ninja gi joining you on the deck.

He stopped upon seeing you.

''Like what you see?" You smirked, taking your mask off. If he had his off he would have likely had his face as red as his gi. Snorting, you shook your head with an amused look on your face. ''I'm only joking.''

Kai's eyes squeezed shut momentarily. When he opened them, he walked over to join you. ''Yeah, joking...'' He muttered, starting to do his stretches. Kai remained silent as you copied his stretches for the warm-up.

You pushed back down the guilt that bubbled up to the surface, deciding to get into a fighting stance. It wasn't your best since you had only learnt it from observing the ninja in training, not by experience.

A shadow fell upon your back, and you became aware of Kai standing behind you.

''Keep your legs shoulder-width apart and bend your knees slightly.'' He walked around you, stopping in front of you. Awkwardly, you did as he said. ''Loosen up,'' Kai instructed.

''You're really getting into the mentor role, huh?" You mused, having followed his instructions. Kai rubbed the back of his neck at that. Forming your hand into a fist, you punched forward.

''Your thumb shouldn't be on the inside of your fist, I learnt that the hard way- keep it on the outside of your fist.'' He informed. You smiled, placing your thumb on the outside of your fist. ''Good job.''

By now, the sun had risen high enough to peek above the horizon and the rays of light shone from behind the gathered clouds, haloing their outlines in a fiery orange glow while the rest lay in shadow.

''I haven't seen a sunrise quite like this in a while.'' You mused to yourself, unclenching your fists as you relaxed. With that, a realisation dawned upon you. ''Ah. Sunrise exercise.''

Somewhere in the Destiny's Bounty, an alarm clock began blaring, a few groans and mumbles coming from the other boys in the shared bedroom, with only one unaffected by the annoying noise. Being a nindroid, Zane slept through it easily.

Jay rolled over and fell out of his bed, hitting the floorboards with a grunt. He pushed himself onto his side and glared daggers at the alarm clock. Lloyd let a glowing sphere of Energy grow in his hands before he shot it at the alarm clock, shutting it off once it hit the floor.

''Is it Wednesday already?'' Lloyd grumbled.

Jay held his head, standing. ''Sunrise exercise. I hate sunrise exercise.''

The door to the bedroom swung open and their Sensei stepped in with a cup full of tea. ''Ah. Good morning, morning, morning! Up, up. It's a new day, students.'' He opened the blinds to let sunlight stream in. ''Before we begin sunrise exercise, I noticed the dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two-person job, hehe.'' He left the room as quickly as he had entered, the door closing behind him.

''Uh, what was that, Sensei?'' Cole questioned, putting his hand up to his ear.

''I sense I need to be somewhere else,'' Zane informed the others.