Of course their proposal wasn't a normal one.

A lot of things were different about Sara, but her love of all things food had not changed.

Donuts were something that Sara loves with all her heart, possibly even more than Danny. It also reminded her of how he proposed to her for the Summer Ball back in high-school.

Danny had this wonderful idea of hiding the ring in a donut.

Dumbest idea that he'd ever come up with.

First, he took her out for the day and then dinner on a river cruise, privately booked for just the two of them. There was an eight-course meal, with every item on the menu being one of Sara's favourites.

Their evening was meant to end back at the apartment. I was out at the time, to give them privacy.

Danny had ordered a large box of Krispy Kreme donuts, again, Sara's favourites. Unfortunately, he had no idea which one of those donuts had the hidden ring. The idiot had just asked them to 'hide the ring in the donut', but not which one. They did as ordered, but didn't give a hint on which one it was.

Somehow, by sheer luck, Sara had picked up the donut that the ring was hidden in. It was a strawberry cheesecake style donut. Of course, Sara was confused and after he took a breath of relief, Danny proposed.

Why he couldn't just ask her like a normal person, I have no clue, but Sara was happy which was all that mattered.

They got married a year later and continue to live happily together.

Sara sniffled once more. "I know, I'm just going to miss having you around," she said.

"Me too," I smiled, nudging her side. "It won't be the same."

She then turned towards me. "We'll still have our movie marathon nights?" She asked.

I nodded. "Of course. I'll bring the snacks."

Before we could continue with our heartfelt moment, I heard something crash, along with the sound of familiar voice cursing.

"Did that sound like something breaking to you?" I asked, looking in the direction of the kitchen.

"Yup," Sara replied.

We got off the sofa and headed towards the kitchen. I immediately spotted two figures with their backs towards us, slightly hunched over looking down at the floor.

They turned around and whilst Danny was smiling a little too cheerfully, my eyes were on the other figure, who was looking back at me with guilt in his blue eyes.

"Okay, what did you break?" I asked, stepping forward.

"Nothing," Will replied, at the same time Danny said, "He did it," even pointing a finger at Will.

Will smacked Danny's arm. "Seriously?" He asked, with a look of disbelief and I could hear Sara snort from behind me.

"Hey, I know better than to break one of Serena's mugs," Danny said, raising his arms in a surrendering motion.

"You broke my mug?" I exclaimed, moving forward for a closer look, only to see the broken remnants of a mug laying on the tilted floor.

Will held my shoulders. "Okay, relax. It was a mug, but I don't think it was one of your mugs," he said, in an attempt to calm me down.

"Well check," I said, glaring at him.

"Really?" He asked, wondering if I was actually serious.

I placed a finger on his chest, poking him slightly. "My mugs are precious possessions, they all mean something," I told him, not like he hadn't heard this from me before.