Chapter 24

Marker; 1619 reads and 1894 votes!
Published 6/9/2020

AN,So sorry this chapter took so long. It was literally so hard for my to write for no reason. I had to change it so many times. Anyways hope at least a few people get to enjoy it -Sam
——————————————————————-
Summer Present

"No," I replied. No way I wanted to go and look around Elizabeth's house, not 50 years ago, and certainly not now. And certainly not with Tim.

"Alright guess it's just you and me mate," Arther said from his seat.

"Actually... I'll go!" said abruptly. If Author was still thinking about killing Tim, an abandoned house would be the perfect place to do it.

"Great," Tim said, pointing to me. "No way," he said pointing to Author.

"Why?" Author shot back.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but you're all over the news, everyone is looking for you. Apparently, you are the son of a multimillionaire and they found the wreckage of your yacht and your crew, but nobody knows where you are. Ran into a buddy of mine at the grocery store, and he told me all about it. Surprised I didn't hear about it sooner actually, I try to keep up to date on mysterious disappearances at sea that seem like mermaids may be involved. Which raises the question, how did a millionaire like you get caught up with the mermaids exactly?" He took a step towards him, "I want to know how you got caught up with the mermaids."

"It's my fault actually," I spoke up. "Mr. Walters lured him in with the promise of a business deal but in reality, he was planning on sacrificing him to the mermaids after stealing his wealth. I tried to warn him. But they found out,  so they tried to get rid of him."

"And how did you save him from a bunch of mermaids?"

"I didn't save him," I replied, "I just helped get him get to safety. The mermaids trust me since I work for them."

That much was true. I hadn't saved him, my sister Delphine had.

"Helped who?" Tim asked. "Are there others like me who know about the mermaids?"

"No," I said

"Yes," Arthur said at the same time.

My eyes flew to him, what did he think we was doing?

Tim folded his arms, his blue eyes glared at us from under his floppy hat. "No more secrets!" Tim said angrily. "If one of you doesn't tell me the truth you can both get out. And neither of you come back or..." Tim trailed off and without a word, crossed the room and opens drawers of the desk under the articles he had pinned to the wall. He took something out, but his back prevented me from seeing just what it was.

"Or what?" Arthur said from his seat at the table.

Tim joined Arthur at the table and in his hands he had a roll of block cloth that he began to wrap around his knuckles. When I lived in Brazil there was a man that lived next to us. He used to fight for a living. He decided to teach me how to tight. We moved shorty after but not before he taught me how to throw a punch. A punch that you felt all to well ,Arthur, when you attacked me when I walked into the church this morning. And as for you," his eyes flickered to me. "If I kick him out of here, you won't come back, you don't want to be here. Meeting with me makes you nervous, but you need me to protect your friend until you don't."