“But you’re going downstairs anyway, then you’ll see me.” I just sighed at her answer as we went inside my car.

I stopped at the red light when Cassie poke my arm. I looked at her then she signs something. I gave her a flat look and continued driving as the stoplight went green.

“You just watch, I’ll be better than you in no time because I’ve found a teacher” I tell her then briefly throw her a grin.

“Oh I know. I am so happy for you, Ana.” Cassie giggled.

“I know, I’ll finally be able to communicate with Theo properly and -" she cuts me off.

“It’s not just that Ana. I mean, you do so much for us it barely gives you time for yourself, to make new friends. Atleast now you have a chance to.” I was taken aback by her answer.

“Sweetheart, I didn’t know you were thinking that way. I love taking care of you, of all of you. And FYI, I so have friends.” I throw her a grin, just to stir the conversation in a much more happy state.

“Yes, the three musketeers since your middle school” She gave me a flat look to which I laughed.

“And maybe you can start dating now” Cassie added wiggling her eyebrows. It was my turn to give her a flat look.

I mean, it’s true. I had Max, Cole, and Jeremy since middle school and never really expanded my circle of friends. I have acquaintances here and there, but if you are taking care of 5 other people including yourself, you never realized it’s taking too much of your time. It never really bothers me though.

Besides, quality over quantity does well for me. I love my siblings and I am happy with our set-up now. No distractions, no mishaps.

We arrived in the rescue center and went inside together. I kissed Cassie’s forehead and reminded her of the usual reminders before she dashed off to Doc Mia’s office.

Since Cassie started tagging along with me, she always hangs out with Doc Mia and her staff.

At first I was worried that she might be a nuisance, but Doc Mia assured me that Cassie is a great help in tending to the animals, feeding and giving them necessary medications. Light volunteer works as she says.

I made my way to the small-sized open room where seminars are usually held. We actually have one in about 15 minutes so I started preparing the materials.

The rescue center holds seminars and trainings, including educational symposium about animal rescue and wildlife preservation.

I give talks during my Saturday shift. It makes me happy since I get to teach other people about how important our planet is. The first step is always awareness and I’m thankful that I get to be a catalyst to it.

We hold seminars to different age groups and we cater the topics in terms of what the group needs.

Today, I gave the first seminar to high school students from a private school of the town next to ours. The whole morning, I gave three seminars for different groups.

After the seminar, Kate ushers them for a tour around the rescue center. Sometimes, I'm the one who gives the tour while Kate does the seminar.