Chapter 2.2: A Flowering Performance

"When do we get started on the mission?" Sky asked as they walked through a forest.

It was quite a dense one, but as long as they kept to the path, they would be fine. "As soon as we get a lead on Team Rocket. Our best bet would be Jesse, James, and Meowth but they seem to get blown into the sky every time so we wouldn't have time to question them. They really are useless." Zia rolled her eyes. Somewhere, three figures following a boy with a Pikachu and his friends sneezed.

"This is our first mission, though! We should be scouring the cities and all that for information, not trudging into the woods." Emmy pouted, having been excited that they could finally go on a mission. "Look, both Lance and headquarters said we needed to attract as little attention as possible. No one's supposed to know we're in the G-Men, so for me to go around questioning people about Team Rocket would be suspicious." Zia argued.

Suddenly, after a weird blue glow fazed around them, a tree seemingly came to life as the bark twisted into a face. The tree turned to look at them as it began stomping towards them on its roots. "What is that!?" Emmy screamed in fright.

Zia narrowed her eyes at the being before holding her hand in front of her. A purple aura surrounded her hand and the tree as her eyes glowed the same color. Zia then snapped her fingers and the image of the tree disappeared.

"Huh?" The Serperior tilted her head, confused. "It was an illusion. Probably some ghost-types playing tricks on the people that come through here." Sky answered, having remained calm the whole time. If Zia didn't think it was a threat, she wouldn't either.

"Yes, it's true. Remember, while Sabrina was helping me hone my powers, she taught me how to see through illusions. The mirage of a tree that we saw was slightly fuzzy around the edges. An average person or a non-psychic/non-ghost type probably wouldn't have noticed it." The female human explained as they continued walking.

~~~

Later that day, the trio made it to a small city. "There it is, Florando." Zia stated as they stood on a hill overlooking it. Walking down, they realized the city was bigger than it seemed. Hundreds of people were walking through the streets and over bridges.

"Come see the Pokémon Exhibition!" A girl about a year or two older than Zia ran up to them, handing the girl a flyer. "It's our giant outdoor entertainment festival. Every year, trainers and Pokémon from all around the world come here to put on Pokémon shows. It's what Florando's famous for." The older girl said with a smile.

"That seems really neat. I'll keep it in mind, thank you." Zia smiled as well before walking away, her Luxray and Serperior following closely behind. The three of them decided to go see the shows as they arrived where a big crowd was gathered.

They formed smaller circles around individual performers. One was a Flareon jumping through a ring of fire, another an Oddish balancing on an Electrode, a group of Mankey's dancing around their trainer, an Alakazam bending a gigantic spoon, a bunch of water-type's creating a fountain effect, and more.

Over all the commotion, they noticed loud cheering over to the side. Small Pokémon were jumping high into the air. They were green and had pink flowers on each side of their head.

Bellossom: The Flower Pokémon
Bellossom gather at times and appear to dance. They say that the dance is a ritual to summon the sun.

Curious, they walked closer to see better. Once in the front, there was two Bellossom with a female trainer standing in the middle of them as they jumped around, dancing. There was a radio off to the side playing the music. "She's trained them well." Zia mused as they watched.