Chapter 30 - The Broken Button

Start from the beginning

An amused smirk danced on his damn hot face. "About seventy percent population of girls in Pakistan dream of this moment. To get their dupatta stuck in someone's watch or button. Congratulations you have won that opportunity."

I in reply, frowned deep and tried to free my dupatta from his Kameez's button quite aggressively.

"Careful," he warned. "It's my new outfit."

I just needed to know that, I forcefully snatched my dupatta away, and the button came out with it.

Aaliyan had a shocked expression on his face. "Musca! He snarled.

"Ops sorry," My teeth were on display.

"Now you have to fix it." He grabbed my upper arm and shook me furiously.

"I won't do such a thing," I sneered, fuming and hurt for unknown reasons. "I don't want to talk to you, listen to you, live with you or even see your ugly face."

"Ugly?" he raised his eyebrows. Arrogant stupid hot ugh!

He freed me, went to his dressing table, opened a drawer, and took out a box of cookies. I squinted. Why would he need cookies at this time?

He opened it and got a thread reel and a needle out. I had to suppress my laughter. What? Why would he have things like this in his room? And why he would place them in the cookie box?

"It was pupho's, she used to sew my broken shirt buttons," he might have seen the weird expressions. I nodded, a similar feeling of gloom spreading in my chest and the other moment - on his words - it was replaced with fury.

"Today you will fix this."

"I won't." I shook my head, thinking I would never make things easy for him. I strode to the door only to take a step back - it was opened by Sara.

The burning of my heart was back. This late at night, without knocking, why was she marching into his...Aaliyan's room? I wanted to throttle her pretty neck.

"Oh Sara, thank God you came, this button came out, can you please fix it for me?" Aaliyan had all the happiness from the entire universe gathered in his voice.

A deep scowl decorated my face, I turned around, he had picked up the button from the floor, in one hand, he had a needle with thread in it and the other had the button.

"Um, I don't know how to, but I'll try." She displayed her pretty dimples.

"There's no need," I put my hand on my mouth but it didn't stop from shouting, "I'll do it."

I stomped my feet and went to Aaliyan, snatched the button and needle from him. I was so frustrated and defeated that I wanted to whine. I didn't dare look at his face, knowing he was clamping his lips to suppress his triumphant smile. It would have only burned me more.

"Aali! I came to give you your phone. You forgot it in the study."

Sara's voice was free of any particular emotion but my heart still caught fire. Aali? Oh, nicknames.

Sara put the phone somewhere and I heard the door closing. I fixed the button on his shirt. But just to feel some sort of satisfaction I attacked Aaliyan's chest with the needle.

He winced, "Ow careful."

I only did it again. "Musca," he growled. I giggled enjoying this. 

"Where're the scissors?"

"Don't have them." He replied carelessly.

"How do I cut this?" I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks, before even listening to his answer.