•Mitch Marner•

Just so you all know I'm going to use names from now on not Y/N anymore
●●●●●●●●○○○○○○○●●●●●●●●●○○○○○
Mitch's POV

It was day 3 on the road I was completely stressed with all of my upcoming games. I'm playing for the London Knights. (Ik that's not an NHL team but idc. Also this might be inaccurate.) Today we're playing the Ottawa 67's they are a good team. They almost won it all last season. Apparently they've got a girl playing on their team. I couldn't care less about that. If she's there she has to be good so I'm not going to take it easy on her.

It's face off time now I'm hyped. I'm on starting line up. Nerves course through my body. Tonight's game is important and hell I'm not going to be the one to screw it up. As I skated up to take the face off I noticed a long blond ponytail. That's her. That's Danni Lebrune. She's beautiful even with hockey gear.

''Whatcha doing on the ice princess? Shouldn't you be in the bleachers with the other puck bunnies?'' My teammate Ryan asked with a smirk.

Before she had a chance to speak I did.

''Shut it Ryan she's one hell of a hockey player! If she wasn't then why the hell is she out here?'' I replied.

''Thanks Marner.'' She said sincerely.

''No problem Lebrune.''

TWEET. The whistle sounds and we're off passing the puck and shooting. Playing our game. I skated up the ice on a breakaway one defense on the ice and their slower center behind
me. SHOOT everyone called and I did so. It went top right corner. With that the buzzer sounds it's the end of the second.

There's now 1 minute and 16 seconds left of the game. Danni is on a breakaway I was the only one that would be able to catch up. Our defense are caught in a change. She skates up towards me ready to shoot. Her team needs this I skate out of the way letting it go in. She shoots me a confused look but smiles. As she skates up to her team Bradley our goalie skates up to me.

''You really like her eh loverboy?''

''Words can't explain it Brad.''

Both teams skate up and shake hands I quickly go to the end of the line as per usual. With our helmets off.

''Hey...'' Danni spoke

''Hey.''

''You didn't have to ya know.''

''I know but your team deserves to be there more than mine... You deserve to.''

''Why thank you.'' She said looking me in the eyes.

''Can I kiss you?'' I ask not thinking twice.

Without hesitation she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. I immediately kiss back. Sparks, fireworks, explosions, whatever you want to call it all happened. I wrap my arms around her waist we continue for another few seconds. We both look around, faces as red as her jersey.

''You know... I can't wait for Toronto next year.'' She said softly.

I thought for a minute. Wait. What? I'm going to Toronto? What. Danni!

''Danni?''

''See you at the draft!''

With that she skated off the ice. I turned around to see everyone standing there dumbfound.

''Way to go loverboy!'' They all shouted.

Man I can't wait till the draft.