Shae and Grayson (not NHL)

Her brother has played for years, practicing and growing his skill. everyone knew he was going places, but his sister? the girl who smokes, drinks, knows how to party. no one remembers her skill, her offers, not even her name. everyone except the captian. since her brothers midget season started in October, she's had her eye on #16, Grayson Beau, the captain of her little brothers team.

''Cory let's go! Mom is going to kill us if we aren't down in 5!'' Shae yelled to her little brother. They were late for hockey again. Another Tuesday night game, one of the 2 days Shae gets off. She spends the night getting Cory warmed up and keeping track of players points for his coach.

Way back before the pandemic she played competitive ringette, they called her the best in her hometown. Everyone thought scholarships were in her future until reality hit her like a bus. Now she spends her days in school then straight to work. Working as a waitress in a small town was never the most glamorous but it got the money in.

''Hey Harvey!'' Shae yelled over to her brothers coach, waving him down to get her voulenteer papers signed.

''Ah, hey kiddo.'' He smiled and continued, ''The board is in the room, go ahead and grab it.'' Shae gave him a small smile and made her way into the dressing room.

She always hated going in there, seeing all the boys stare at her as if she's in the wrong. As if any of them knew a thing about her, she rolled her eyes. Only one of the boys on the team took the time to get to know this mystery girl, Dan Gordon. Dan Gordon goes to the same high-school as her, they chat eachothers ear off on the bus everyday. He manages to understand and appreciate her, unlike the rest.

As she walked into the room her eyes locked with her eye candy of the season, Grayson Beau. His deep brown eyes and mystery pulled her in. Out of no where he began playing Rep and became captain. She wanted to know everything about this boy, but he didn't even know her name.

Grayson looked her up and down, she was a real beauty. He didn't want to look away but her brother looked up at him questioningly, almost as if he knew Grayson wanted to wrap his arms around her and never let go.

Shae searched for the clip board but it was no where to be found. She rolled her eyes in frustration as the team kept getting ready. Finally, she found it and took one last look at the captian and looked down in shame.

The last thing she wanted was feelings for this boy, but everything called her to him. Something screamed ''me'' about him.

As the months passed and the hockey season continued Dan and Shae began the joke; Grayson and Shae are dating, he just doesn't know it. Everyday Shae would talk about her boy of the week or her weekend endeavors Dan would mention his name. Grayson.

It was a Friday after exams and we were off to Shawville. A day off just to keep track of player points? Absolutely. Shae kept her feet warm under Cory the whole way up. As they reached the rink she made her way in to find Harvey. She looked around and bumped into Grayson.

''Shit, sorry! Two left feet.'' Shae gave him a small smile trying not to make a bad impression. He nodded at her and continued into the rink, FUCK she thought to herself. As if I just ruined that.

Months were passing faster then she could process and soon enough it was play offs. Shae stayed in the stands keeping herself busy. Her eye candy wouldn't be playing on the same team next year. Still, Dan kept his act up making her feel like she should go for Grayson. Though Shae was in a tough spot, a toxic boyfriend and some past shit she knew Grayson would never approve of.

Soon enough hockey was over. The season was all over and she was happy, now it was spring hockey, no more Grayson. Her little eye candy turned into a little crush.

A late night in April Shae sat alone in her home, after a long day of watching the dog she needed a hug. She looked through her phone and almost dropped it when it said ''Grayson Beau added you as a friend'' Shae smiled and added him back.

Almost as if Dan had predicted it a short six months ago, they hit it off. Non stop talking and texting, even face time. She wanted this boy. He was sweeter then all the other guys she'd been with. Shae couldn't believe he knew who she was. Grayson knew who she was, he thought she was pretty, that she had an amazing sense of humor. He didn't even care about her past with boys and with addictions.

Mondays, they were never her favorite but here she was happy as hell. Shae sat in her little booth at work watching the clock tik by slowly, answering he phone as it rang. She told her co workers about her lover coming to see her, they saw how he made her heart race. As if it was her first time seeing a boy her lungs felt empty, her thoughts, full.

Shae slowly made her way out the door, laughing as her co workers teased her. She saw her boy, her Grayson standing at shoppers, waiting for her. With a big smile on his face he walked up to her. Shae looked over to the restaurant as they walked away and saw all her co workers waving at her silily. Grayson just grinned and walked closely with her.

Shortly, the two made it to the trustle. Laughing and smiling the whole way there he couldn't stop starting. His eyes were in awe at this girl, she was with him. This girl so far out of his league wanted him. He'd been texting Dan all day looking for updates and information on Shae. Grayson needed to know the truth and whether she'd be the one for him or not.

The night was passing quickly, too quickly for Shae. She just wanted to stay wrapped in his arms all night. With many minutes of swerving and even throwing Shae over his shoulder, Grayson finally stole his kiss. Shae finally stole her boy.

It was out of a dream. A dream she dreamt since a quiet October night. She was held in his arms, picked up, kissed, hugged, teased, even appreciated. Shae got her boy.

The nights kept passing and the calls continued, the texting continued, their fling continued.

Their fling was everything she could've imagined. A year younger then her but she managed to get the boy. She got what she'd wanted for six months, a hug, a kiss, even thrown over his shoulder.

Shae got the boy.