11

The next morning Alexis and Emma woke up to the sun shining through the windows. The girls groaned in sync. "Should we just adopt her. I mean she fits in this family perfect with Em." Rachel joked. "Good morning cupcakes." She kissed the top of both girls heads. "Rise and shine today is the day we get dinosour pancakes." Ross said more excited then any of the kids. "Is he being for real?" Alexis askes Emma. "Yup he can not hide any excitement on this day." She said getting up. Alexis followed after her rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Please be quiet." Emma begged laying her head on the table her siblings looked at her weirdly. Alexis smiled at everyone trying to ignore her mini hangover. Soon as everyone was eating Alexis and Emma perked up feeling better. But Alexis got a sickening feeling in her stomach when she saw Joey's car pull up. He texted Alexis asking her to come home. Inside he saw a note on the table.
Hey Da- Joey even though you did not tell me if you were coming tonight or tomorrow I decided to keep safe and leave a note. Which is weird because my mother was either never worried or was not here to care. I went to the It club with the gang. If I did not come back yet I most likey went to Emma's house and stayed the night. See you later. -Alexis
He sighed as he read the note. Alexis walked inside sitting on the couch her phone on the table in front of her on mute. "Thank you for the note. Means a lot. Now can you just explain everything. Do not lie just tell me." So she inhaled a deep breath. She went in extreme detail leaving out the Jack Daniels in her room. From Lunch yesterday to last night eating pie with Uncle Ross. "Thank you for telling me the truth." He looked nervous unsure how to talk to his daughter. "Let me think of what to say now." Joey thinks. "I got this. I promise next time I will tell an adult and not spit in someones face." Alexis spoke. "Unless it is self defence or loved ones defence." Joey added. Alexis caught on nodding agreeing. "Well I think that is it." He finishes. Alexis nodded grabbing her phone. He went to the fridge and started eating cold pizza. She just laughed and went upstairs to her room. She hid the empty bottle and asked if Emma wanted to come over and kick it.

Emma was over the moon excited she had a best friend and was not left out anymore. So she quickly went to Alexis's house and was excited in general Alexis was in her life now. "Alexis believe it or not I actually had fun getting in the soda war with Juliette. I mean the circumstances were bad but that was the most fun I ever had." Emma smiled widely. "I am glad I got to be with you for it. You had my back which I am forever grateful for." Alexis told her. After a moment of silence Alexis spoke. "How am I gonna tell Jack my side if he ever asks about it."

"You do not have to worry about that." Jack was in her bedroom doorway. The girls sat up quickly. He threw a letter on her dresser with a sorrowful eyes then walked out. Emma got up and grabbed the letter handing it to Alexis. "Read it with me." Alexis said.

Alexis I am sorry I walked off with Juliette instead of you yesterday after practice. As you may have already figured out Juliette is the girl who cheated on me. I did not want to go with her to the It club. Or after school but she has leverage over me that could get me disowned from my home. That may be exaggerating but I know my family would not like it. So she is blackmailing me to be her boyfriend again. Whenever I am around her I can't speak to you or else she will spill out my secret then find a way to hurt you. I do not want her to hurt you. Also I did not want to lead you on I really do like you a lot. I hope you can forgive me.

Alexis and Emma sighed. "Damn." Alexis muttered. "What could that slut do to me? She knows nothing."  Alexis questioned. Emma leaned back thinking. "I know my cousin better then anyone. He is a good guy he would not exaggerate her powers." Emma said her eyebrows furrowing. "I know he is a good guy Em. I am just thinking what that bitch holds over me. Jack can tell me on his terms if he ever wants too. That is his call. I have literally nothing."

"If you have nothing don't trip over it." Emma said. Alexis sat up from her bed grinning at Emma. "You my best friend are a genius."

Meanwhile with Jack.
"Isn't that her house?" Juliette questioned. "Do not say her like she is the bitch." Jack snapped. They are currently standing in Jack's driveway. "Well on a different note." Juliette ignored him. "There is a party at Ians we both are going."
Jack looked at her. "The guy you cheated on me with?" He asked. "I thought we were on a break just forget about the past." She fake begged. "It should not have mattered if we were, you should not have wanted to sleep with someone else!" Jack nearly screamed. "It is ok I forgive you." Juliette ignored him. Jack was getting more frustrated then ever. "Pick me up at eight." She kissed his cheek and strutted off. He started punching a tree. Making a lot of noise. "Jack stop it!" Alexis yelled running to him. His hair was messed up. He was sweaty. His fingers bruised and bleeding. He stopped hearing her voice. He could not look at her. "I will help you get cleaned up. Then I want to show you something." She took him to her place. "Wash your hands." She demanded. He did, not looking at her. Not uttering a single word. She put wraps around his hands confusing him. She grabbed something off the couch. "Here catch." She threw some boxing gloves to him. Which he caught easily. "Follow me and put those on." She spoke. Emma was still upstairs in Alexis's room. She led him to the basement. Turning on the lights she showed him the punching bag. "Punch it." She demanded. He looked at her. They had a small moment. "Better and safer then punching a tree." She said softly. He walked over slowly. He did a practice punch then his anger and resentment overtook his shyness. After a while she gave him a cold water bottle as he took off the gloves they sat on the steps of the basement. They sat in silence she was looking at him admiring him. "I know you hate the wicked bitch of the west. I know you can not talk to me in front of her. I do have one secret but I am the only one who knows. So she does not scare me." She reassured him. "The day you arrived and we met. Our eyes met and I felt weird. Like something was drawing me to you. Even with the bitch of the west here the pull between us is stronger then ever." Jack looked her in the eyes. "It is like a magnetic force that even if we pull away it fights us and its unbareable to breathe away from each other." Alexis spoke. By now they are just so close to each other. Staring at each others lips. Breathing heavily.