Crack. Fire raced through my side, burning and sparking and forcing a cry past my lips. 

"Did-- Did I hurt you, baby? I didn't hurt you, did I?" He pulled me away, and it was enough to see the tears brimming his eyes. "Right?" Silence. "That's all I do to you, isn't it? You keep--You get hurt because of me." He laughed and wiped his eyes. "I'm a god, and I can't keep my baby from getting hurt. I-- I get you hurt. Your life would've been so much easier if anyone else had been your father."

I couldn't say he was wrong. Only loosen my hold on his shirt. He brushed his fingers over my side. The pain, warm and sticky and wrong, faded away until it vanished.

"I'm sorry I did this to you, that--that I do this to you."

------------------------------------

I pulled away.

"Stay please. I want...I want to keep you safe."

I shook my head and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

Then I walked away.

I did not come here just to babysit my drunk dad. And how the Hades was he even a bit sober when he walked out of the Empire State Building.

I was honestly hoping to have some 'quiet' time to myself. But the Fates really do hate me.

An alarm sounded and I rushed towards its source, the Manhattan Museum.

The Team came rushing out, following two masked figures who- oh come on.

I ducked into an alley and boosted myself onto the roof with water.

I hid behind an air duct and waited.

"Return the items you have stolen." Kaldur ordered the two masked figures.

"You see..."

"We don't feel like it."

I glanced out and saw the one in the comedy mask toss out some pellets. I ducked around just in time to avoid getting blinded.

The two masked thieves ran towards my hiding spot, bags of loot rattling.

As they passed me, I grabbed both of them and dragged them to the edge of the roof before dangling them off of the edge.

"Percy? Don't!" Robin yelled.

"Put them down." Artemis pointed her bow at me.

I shrugged and let go off them both.

"No!" Megan yelled and soon the boys rose back up.

They groaned and sat up.

"Damn. Was that-"

"Really necessary?"

I nodded and kicked the both of them.

"Okay okay. I know you're mad at us."

"But throwing us off of a building is a bit much."

I raised an eyebrow. I know for a fact they could have walked away from that fall without injury.

"Wait...do you three know each other?" Robin asked.

I shrugged and knelt beside Travis and Connor. I gestured to the bag.

"Why aren't you talking?"

I shook my head and placed a hand to my throat. Then I pointed back to the bag.

"Weapons. They had an exhibit that Chiron wanted us to hit up."

I nodded and stood. Helping them up, I tossed them the bags.

I shooed them away and turned to face the Team.

"Why are you just letting them get away?" Artemis swung a punch at me. I caught it and threw a punch of my own. This dissolved into a full out brawl, and that ended with Artemis on the ground.

I walked away, ignoring their questions.

Especially the last one.

"How did you get here so fast?!"

Actually....

I turned around and snapped my fingers, and watched their expression blank.

There.

That should do it.

For the record, this chapter has not been fully edited, my computers just been bugging me to update it for a while and I can't do that with this unsaved

So uh, things in this chapter are very subject to change, even more so as I work my way through the earlier chapters too

See yah