-26 (stay)-

Quinn's pov:

'Murderer.' 

'I am scared from my own safety.' 

'Monster.' 'You should die.' 

'Killer.' 

'Out of control maniac.' 

'Psychopath.' 

'Demon.' 

'You should leave.' 

'I hate her' 

'She's a hypocrite.' 

'Freak show.'

'Why did people even want her to stay.'

I sighed at the ruckus in my mind, hand over ears even if it didn't block out the thoughts of others or my own.

I groaned softly, despite all this I never cancelled the mind reading on my pack because despite it all.... I will keep them save, those that hate me might be family of those that wanted me to stay as I don't specifically know whose thoughts these are unless I know the person since I hear them in my own voice most of the time.

'At least those that matter are on your side.'

'Yeah right Bea and even those that matter and aren't are still important, I can understand their reasoning but not the reasoning of the pack, they just don't see the reason.'

I sighed as I flipped a pancake onto a plate of already three pancakes and carried the food up to Eli's room.

as I repeated many times before, my gift is my mom's and father's mixed so I had both abilities and his had one I never really used before, never wanting too and really knowing, like when I discovered the new facet of mom's power when I first found Eli I found this with Eli.

She wasn't really happy but well, this power let dad manipulate emotions of people by manipulating their thoughts.... Eli didn't want to feel the way she did so I did mess around a bit and she was less.... Bothered by the events despite remembering them, as said she wasn't happy at first but was a bit later on because she somewhat was able to be normal as she wished to be.... If only I could do more than that, I could if I just could read her thoughts instead of her gift being a cockblock.... She did use it the fling me of the roof once when I annoyed her so yeah a real cockblock.

I knocked on her door and opened it.

"Hey I got you food."

"Fuck off."

"Eli books don't give you the right to not eat."

"I will read myself to death."

"You are way too obsessed with these books.... You can finish them after eating."

"Nope."

"You are being a brat."

"Yep."

My eyebrow twitched.

"Bitch." I muttered while rolling my eyes and sighed, putting the food down and taking away the book, she preferred drawing to reading but lately it had been the opposite as it let her escape reality. "Why do you even like Twilight? They are far from what we are."

"I just like it." She shrugged, passing a hand in her mess of a hair.

"You must be the only one in that case, come on eat and don't be a brat."

"It's just fun to see you annoyed."

I rolled my eyes and folded the corner of the page she was on before closing the book, I usually don't do this to a book but I wasn't really caring about that right now.

I picked up a brush and sat on the bed behind her, staring to undo the knots she put in her hair.

"Do I call in again or are you up for it?" I ask.

"Do I need to go back there?"

"If you don't want my mom to home-school you yes."

"Sorry but that woman is too intense."

"I understand don't worry, she can be."

"So I must go to school."

"Yup but as you know we all are there plus Chloe needs your help with my 'useless in relationship' sister and Mike needs my help with keeping the rest from causing trouble."

"You could have gone back."

"Not without you."

"And to think it will be hard to have you give into the bond."

"Oh shush child before I ground you."

"You aren't my mother."

"Eli."

"Yeah let's not go there."

I hummed with one of my invisible smiles, passing my hand through her smoothed out hair and deciding the braid it and did so since she didn't stop me.

"Sing something." She whispered, probably enjoying the silence while she ate but also disliking it.

And for once my smile would have been visible by everyone, even to strangers, as I she leaned back against me as I softly sang.

The song was simple and nothing big but the meaning was clear and straight forwards unlike a few songs where the true meaning was in undertones.

I draped my arms around her as she sat in my lap and I leaned back against her bed's headboard, she grabbed my hands and laced her fingers together with mine, head leaned back against my shoulder.

I wish I could go back in the past to stop this from happening but what can I truly do other than being here for her? Even mom who is the oldest out of everybody from every species around has no answers for two things, how to go back in time and how to bring the dead back.... Those were fiction even for her.

I kissed the side of her head while hugging her with a soft sigh, hoping our lives will only get easier from now on but still fearing the worst.