-19-

Anna's pov:

Sitting in the booth I absentmindedly ran my pointer finger over the rim of my glass while staring deep in the yellow and foaming liquid in it.

Mike had come back like he said he would and now just rambling to me about something while laughing and drinking his own beer, not caring or not noticing I wasn't listening to him at all, all seemed to be muffled in my ears no matter how loud it actually might have been, you could have been screaming in my ears I would have heard a muffled voice, my mind more preoccupied by the ticking of my watch as it approached midnight, that small sound blaring through my ears loudly.

Hope.... I don't know if I have anymore Eli, not after all that went down..... But I guess if hope was.... Was a thick rope the width of an apple lets say, I'd be holding on the thinnest strand making it up, desperately wanting to believe but unable too.

Mike knocked over my glass accidentally snapping me back to reality and sighed, all this negativity weighed on my mind keeping me from drinking myself dead because I was always getting distracted.

"I'm getting myself a new one." I said while standing up and spinning my free drink card with number thirty-two on it between my fingers as I walked to the bar and sat on a stool as I ordered another bottle.

"Hey babe~" Surprise surprise, this 'gentleman' of course has an eye for me, blood wolves are beautiful by nature.... Honestly I'm so down in the dumps I didn't slap his hand that was resting on my shoulder away, I didn't care.

"Leave me alone." I sighed while taking a swig of my bottle as he like half hugged me while sitting down.

"What are you doing here alone?"

"Is that your best pickup line?"

"Only if you let it be." Well....At least he is more polite then the rest and doesn't instantly go to 'fuck me woman'.

"I won't."

"Such a shame."

"Look I'm not interested in you."

"Well was worth a try."

"If you behave like this trust me you'll find someone how'd say yes but that's not me." I said, liking how polite he was so I didn't yell at him to fuck off.

"Well." He sighed, still a bit disappointed and patted my back. "Thanks for not screaming my head off."

"Thanks for leaving me alone." I shot back.

I sighed when he left, why can't more man be like him? I mean nice and accepting of a single 'no' or 'leave me alone' because most think it's an invitation to go on and push because we are 'playing' hard to get.....Idiot males.

I finished another bottle and look up.

I awaited seeing something like this but I literally felt my heart stop beating for a few seconds in shock before starting off again in a broken rhythm, Chloe.....

She was clinging on that man that I just sent away....

My eyes filled with tears as I watched them leave, the bottle breaking in my hand making the bartender hurry over and worriedly say something but I couldn't hear anything but my own heartbeat in my ears as I stared at the glass shards clutched tightly in my fist and at the blood dripping through my fingers, I could barely breath through the tears.....No..... No.....

Chloe's pov:

I yawn while waking up and look around the unfamiliar apartment looking place before it all came back and I smile.

I lean over to kiss the man's cheek before stopping confused and smelling him, he smells different now.... B-but he smelled so nice yesterday! My wolf said it was my mate! But he smells nothing like that today! What's going on?!

I was so confused and dressed up, sneaking out, not wanting more trouble.

Fuck! If he isn't my mate then who is? And why did he smell like them?? God I was too drunk to notice it wasn't him!!

I was beating myself over this as I bit my fingernails, trying to think of who WAS my mate.

Quinn's pov:

I opened my eyes confused.

I went to the kitchen to see my family and Eli up..... Where is Anna?

looking at her thought was..... Was.....

"Quinn? Why are you crying?" I looked up confused and felt my cheeks.

"I was just looking at Anna's thoughts." Her emotions have just left me whiplashed.

"Oh no." Eli whispered covering her mouth as I looked through the thoughts Anna had with that man with Chloe.

"Something doesn't add up." I whispered, Chloe's current thoughts were confusion about that man and that he wasn't her mate like she thought. "It doesn't add up." I said louder. "Anna is broken as the man is Chloe's mate but Chloe is confused because he smelled like her mate but isn't her mate." I whispered to Eli since it was like a secret between us and my whole family has good hearing.

"How is that possible?"

"Trying to figure it out." I said closing my eyes as I finally wiped the tears away before my eyes snapped open, wide as plates. "Oh my god we need to find them now!" I grabbed her hand and sprinted out without another word.

"What's wrong?!" Eli asked worriedly.

"The man touched and hugged Anna! Chloe followed him because of a smell he doesn't have anymore! Two and two together show that was Anna's smell!" I arrived at 'The Reserve''s gate. "You go find Chloe, she is... Near an apartment building where you can see the school from, the building is blue, I'll go get Anna." And zipped off, pushing on my legs to run fast to catch up the fastest I could.