-18-

Quinn's pov:

Throughout our whole hang out Eli and I have been silently communicating with glances, shrugs and eyebrow moves, she is not blood wolf or changed into the subspecies so I can't make a mental link with her.

As the hang out went on Anna seemed to become more and more depressed, trying to hide it but I could tell from her thoughts and Eli from being used to seeing my discreet emotions could see it too.

"Eli you know what's up with her?" I asked, Mark, Mike and Carly had joined us again near 7pm after dropping their shopping bags at home and now talking to Anna and Chloe about going to the newest bar in town that opens tonight and offers free drinks for the night for the one hundred first to get in.

"Yeah." She sighed and looked at me. "If I tell you promise to never tell her I did tell you, I feel bad because I promised I would tell no one but I need help or she might be really hurt."

"Tell me."

"Chloe's official birth date is a little passed midnight, tomorrow she'll be eighteen and will be able to find her mate. and--" "Anna loves her huh?" She didn't need to say it for me to guess, searching through her thoughts a bit deeper the just watching like a TV show like I usually do I noticed so many hours spent staring at Chloe..... And Eli? "Jesus she could have told me she liked both of you."

"Well she thought that too but she didn't want to hurt you, please tell me you aren't mad at her."

"I'm not, it's not that uncommon in humans for this to happen really but still a bit.... Off I'd say now that I kinda gave you green light to try win me over." She chuckled and punched my shoulder.

"So yeah Chloe will be eighteen, we need to be.... Well, careful with Anna."

"I get what you mean, she was so broken from that image of her dead mate she got it almost ended up with our house on fire, just imagine what she was trying to do...."

"Oh god, fire is the only thing that can truly kill you..."

"Yeah, so after midnight if another miracle doesn't happen for her we can't lose her from sight."

"Yeah."

"Guys! Come on we are going to get wasted!" Mike yelled at us, we had fallen a bit back since my siblings had as good of a hearing sense as I did.

"Coming."

Eli's pov:

Well because of the blood wolf siblings we got in the first one hundred because they zipped us over there when no one was looking, we had this credit card sized plastic card with a bar code and a number on it to prove we were in the one hundred, I had a twnety-four on mine.

The club was huge with a bar of course, a big dance floor, booths on the sides to sit down, table in the front but they were not as closed off as the booths, there was even some backrooms in case couples got horny, twenty-five dollars the night... Jesus, the music was blasting.

Mars left when it hit 10pm because she didn't want to get drunk enough to accidentally flirt with someone else because she would do that and she had a boyfriend already tho she was quite tipsy and couldn't walk that straight.

I was sitting in a booth with Mike, Quinn, Chloe, Anna and Carly, that line up, I only drank two bottles of beer so I was the soberest here plus I need a shit tonne of alcohol to get as drunk as Carly is and she is so hammered she can't even 'human' anymore.

'Well all the people I've been the wolf too had a hard time getting drunk sorry.'

'It's fine Bell plus at least I can make sure one of these drunk asses doesn't get themselves killed.'

'Alright.'

By 11pm Quinn had forced Mike to take Carly home after she threw up over him, he wanted to come back which she begrudgingly agreed too.

"Put that back down." Said as if talking to a child.

"You can't make me do anything." She said at me.

"Quinn put that vodka bottle down."

"Nuuuuu."

"You drunk idiot." 

"Put me the fuck down!" She said drunkenly as I threw her over my shoulder, she hit my back with her fists but too drunk to really hurt me as I walked off with a wave to the girls as I walked off towards the exit, she wasn't that heavy but humans would have trouble caring someone light in this position. "Bea put me down!" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not Bea."

"Yes you.... Are, you have.... Those beautiful green eyes!" I thought a bit and decided to go along with it, I didn't really feel jealous at all, not her fault drunk her sees me as Bea since sober her finds so many resemblances between her and I.... I'll let her have this one.

"Well love you got to listen to me, you are drunk and I won't let you get hammered like Carly."

"But you hate her, she gave you shit!"

"Yeah but that was in the past."

"Why are you here? You are dead!" And she started crying, I sighed, is this really who drunk Quinn is? Maybe that's why she usually refuses to drink enough to even get tipsy.

"I might have died but you see me don't you?"

"Yes."

"Well I'm here to help this once."

"You are always here when I was drunk...." She said, putting her elbows against my back and her head in her hands. so I was right, she sees her when she is drunk.

"Am I?"

"Always I even have a.... Fucking song for it!"

"Oh?"

Well it is sad, I sighed and patted her back as I listened to her voice.

I am not jealous at that Bea girl, I know she is my mate now and Bea was hers and I don't wish for her to forget her, no don't forget but accept, accept sometimes holding on the past hurts more then letting go, letting go doesn't mean she doesn't mean anything to you anymore it means you learned from it and will cherish the memories instead of being haunted by them.

"You drank a lot?" I asked at the end.

"Yeah, when I wanted to see you phantom image, I knew I could this way.... I always could."

"It's not good to hold on to the pain of losing me Quinn."

"I know you always tell me to..... To love that other girl whatever you might call her again?"

"Eli?" Well it hurt slightly to have her forget but I couldn't blame her.

"Yeah her, you always tell me to let her in but it's hard to let go despite agreeing with you."

"You are trying no? She likes you a lot."

"I do I do Bea it's not easy Jesus!"

I continued talking to her as if I wasn't myself until we finally got home and somehow convinced her to do that sleep thing of hers so she'd sober up faster.

I sighed while I brushed her hair out of her eyes, it was short but still.

"I know it's not easy that's why I will help, I promise." I whispered while I laid down after a few seconds of hesitation and hugged myself against her.