Oh, I understood. That man! The door could be locked if the person did it from the outside. However, I did not give much thought to it. My mind was consumed with the sight of the man standing before me.

"I'll shout and call everyone!" I challenged, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Sure," he faked a smile, mimicking me by crossing his arms on his chest. "But, you might want to know that, this room is soundproof, second... oh, don't go to the balcony."

He stopped me but I did not stop and shouted. "Can someone please come to my room!"

There was no reply. I again tried. "Jannat! Samina! Junaid is anybody there?" It was strange. This house was full of servants at this time every day but today there were only the voices of birds coming from the garden.

I went inside, furious and ready to break his bones.

"What have you done?" I was frowning so much it hurt, I checked the audio intercom but it was dead too. Damn!

"I was saying, I dismissed the servants, mummy has gone to the doctor, uncle to work, Aryan to his university and..."

I walked to my bed and took my phone, there was no signal, I tried to call Asmat, she was in my emergency calls phone book but it didn't work.

"I turned on the mobile signal jammer." He was enjoying this.

"There's always Wifi." I tried to stay calm; I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of making me helpless, whereas, on the inside, I was howling in helplessness.

He raised his eyebrows and gave me a look like I was stupid. "Do you think I am that stupid Musca? Mai har kam sahi tarah karta hun, no loopholes." [I do everything right, no loopholes.]

I threw my phone away and like a damned child stomped my foot and clenched my fists, yelling. "What do you want?"

"To talk," The smug from his face vanished; the sad and soft Aaliyan was back. He took a few steps towards me until there was very little distance between us.

"I'm sorry, I messed up a great deal, I'm sorry." Muttering, he took me into his arms, carefully.

I was powerful enough to push him away; his grip was not even tight enough to call it a hug.

"You have been crying a lot Musca, aren't you?"

My mind was in a whirlwind. He was my cousin. He was the one I loved. I wanted to push him away, I wanted to snuggle up to him closer. I wanted to shout at him, I wanted to whisper how much I missed him. I wanted to complain he had broken my heart he hurt me. I wanted to apologize for hurting him.

So many emotions at a time, I wanted to slash myself into shreds. Then, I heard myself whimper, my arm went around his torso and I whimpered, tears leaving my eyes, wetting his grey shirt.

"Musca," he sounded hurt. "Don't cry."

I replied with a loud sob. Aaliyan pushed me away with care. He grabbed my shoulders and made me sit on the edge of the bed. I sat cross-legged, crying loudly.

He sat down on the floor and kept his stare on my face. Taking my hand into his, he put it on his chest. His heart was beating abnormally. I forgot crying and looked at him.

"Jo saza dena chahti ho de do, mai seh lunga bus mujhe maaf kardo?" [Punish me if you want to but please forgive me]

"Talk in English," I let out a sob.

"English mai emotions nahi aatey yar," he was trying to be funny.

I pushed my hand from his grip. "I hate you."

When Silver Met Goldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें