How rare and beautiful it is to even exist (Apollo, PJO)

The title is from Saturn by Sleeping at Last.

This is a requested Oneshot but unfortunately, I can't find the comment of the one who requests:'D I lost the screenshot too but I distinctly remembered the idea, I might tweak it a little because I forgot some parts of it.

The next time I'm gonna open the request box, I'll probably make you guys only comment on your request on a certain chapter so that it's sorted out lol

Anyways, Enjoy :)

*

You felt warm like a blanket had been wrapped on your body, cocooning you with its strong comforting embrace. Your limbs felt sluggish but you can distinctly feel that you are being moved, being cradled, and moving faster. You slowly open your eyes and seeing nothing but gold making you squint.

You remembered getting an attack on the way to the camp that demigods, like you, are protected, and then a monster had held you back, throwing you to a nearby bark of a tree and making you faint for a moment, you probably had a concussion.

But someone clad in pear white clothing and has hair so gold that you thought of it like a halo under the sun, swooped in and scooped you in their arms, their body heat is way too unnatural but it comforts you and makes you want to sleep.

Fainting while having a possible concussion is not good, but you can't help but be lulled. You heard a distant roar and then an explosion and you just think that fuck it, you're durable anyway and went to sleep.

*

That was years ago, you're 19 now and you really don't know who your savior is.

You were claimed by Hermes, the Hermes cabin giving you a warm welcome and cheers even though it's one of the cabins that have a lot of demigods. All of the Hermes kids are brothers and sisters, one big family with a Greek god as a deadbeat dad.

Yup, you love your siblings so much.

It's summer.

You longed on the lakeshore alone, your legs soaked in water as you watched demigods of different Greek gods swim and mess with each other. You saw Nico and Will with each other and you can't help but feel envious that they have each other as lovers and you have none. Though you don't see them in that way, you can confess that you kind of had a crush on Will at some point when you arrived (because he has these familiar feelings with him that you can't describe so probably it was a crush) but it vanished already. You're really good friends with them, you can say that you are best of friends but that is that only.

You sighed, as much as you want to find a lover, you're not ready mentally.

You don't really know how to show affection, that mere thought of being gooey or soft to someone, cuddling with them, and holy shit, kissing with them? You're nervous as shit.

You hug your knees closer as you bathe in the sunlight, the warm rays of the sun are such a comforting heat on you, even though it becomes unbearable at most times (because climate change is real and we need to do something about it) you still find yourself going out in the sun with no protection or even sunscreen resulting to you having a sunburn and a tan.

It just reminds you of that time that you got attacked before entering the camp. It reminds you of your unknown savior and you are still feeling frustrated for not knowing who the hell just saved your life because you know you will devote yourself to that person forever.

But it's a pain though.

"You're really going to devote yourself to me?"

You screamed, leaping from your seat and then landing on your ass, which hurts because of the stones, but shit who was that?

"Who are you?!" You yelled. The person grinned. His hair framed his face like a halo, and the color is such an unnatural gold that you found yourself just comparing it to the sun when it's high up in the sky. He also glows.

"Well, darling, I am the one and only Apollo." He introduced, flashing a carefree grin.

And did he just say he's Apollo? Oh, my gods, a god had decent and grace you with their presence.

You suddenly felt fear. What if he'll smite you for disrespecting him a while ago? Oh shit, oh fuck.

"Calm down," Apollo said and laughed. "I'm not going to punish you unless you want a different kind of punishment." He said, a suggestive raise of a brow and a sultry gaze followed suit, and your stomach churn but you can't help but find him gorgeous.

Of course, he is! He's a fucking god for crying out loud.

"Uh, Uhm, What are you doing here, uh, Mr. Apollo?" You asked, glancing towards your friends to see them looking at you with shock evident on their faces. Percy was walking towards the both of you.

He's a lifesaver (and hot because why the fuck is he wearing a white shirt while bathing on the lake with the others?)

"Apollo is fine, my dear sunshine," Apollo said, a silly smile plastered on his face. He's giving you a nickname already. It somehow makes you feel warm, your face mostly because it's such a cute nickname and so cliche too!

"Anyway, Let's go before Percy get here."

"What?" You asked in surprise."Wait--! Percy!" You called out but Apollo whisks you away.

*

You want to barf after the teleportation, but at the same time, you don't want to because you are in a presence with a fucking god! What if he'll make you clean it even though both of you are on a secluded beach and it will be a pain to clean up the vomit because of the sands everywhere! Fuck, why are you so anxious right now? (Again, there's a god beside you, near you! SHIT!)

"Aww, (Y/N) I'm so flattered that you found my presence blinding but don't worry! Like I said I won't smite you." Apollo reassured but you can't calm down.

But on second thought, yeah, calm down, it's not the end of the world. (yet, whispered by your mind. Fuck your mind alright. Okay, calm down.)

There was silence, but you disturb it because you need answers.

"Why are we here?" You asked as you roamed your sight, it's an empty beach alright, (you're probably somewhere in the pacific, but shut the fuck up already thoughts.) And it's quite peaceful, the forest behind you is also letting out a cool air that makes you want to just lay on the sand and enjoy the sound of the waves and the air that tousle your hair.

"I just want to spend time with you," Apollo told as he lifts his hands, his fingers brushing your cheeks as he swipes away your hair and tucks it on your ear. Your face heated up and it makes Apollo laughed.

"You're so cute." He said and it makes you even redder. You look away and hold your face with your hands, burying your shame on your palms.

"Come here," Apollo called out, you lift your face and look towards him as he pointed to a beach chair that wasn't there before, but you already knew it's his doing because, hello a Greek god? He's using his powers to good use alright!

You begrudgingly followed suit and sat on the chair beside him, overlooking the expanses of the beach. The waves calming you down. You lift your legs, brushing the sand off it, and watch, your guard is going down and the scenery calming your nerves. The abnormal heat beside you calms you even more to the point that all you want is to sleep. Are you sure that Hypnos is not really your Greek god Dad?

As you fight to stay awake, you notice that the heat you are feeling right now is the same as that day.

Oh my god, you dense bastard, you thought.

The hands that crept on your own tightened their hold, you did the same.

"Thank you for saving me that time, Apollo." You whispered and you felt his fingers intertwining yours making you smile and closed your eyes, sleeping. Your last thought is that you fell asleep on him again.

*

|・ω・) What do you think about this? Let me know in the comments!

See you on the next overdue requested one shot! ☆⌒(ゝ。∂)