To Know Me and You (Todoroki Shouto, Boku no Hero Academia) Part 1

Engaged!Todoroki Shoto x Dominant!Male!Engaged!Reader requested by AlexRosebud16

So, folks, this is where Todoroki can't accept his fire quirk and then things happen. When I got an idea with the plot when i read AlexRosebud16 suggestion i freaking laugh like a maniac, it's too cliche but I'll do it cause i also love cliches.🤣

Also the reader has a fire quirk too but it's like Natsu, and he eats fire only xD. I'm depriving him of foods, he can eat them too but...I'll just tell you the story.

Enjoy!!!

===BHA===

The rippling water disturbed Todoroki's reflection as little droplets from the fountain splash on his back. The harsh flow of water made him calm down from the party inside the mansion.

He had been sitting for hours inside the suffocating party. The party has too many guests and eyes peering on him. They gawked as they had never seen Todoroki before. He clenches his fist as he remembers his father's words and threats.

"If you didn't attend the engagement party, I will forbidden you to meet anyone and date them."

It's a fucking lame threat, but he knows it is the first shallow threat he ever receive from him. Even as he step inside of the mansion, he can't stomach it already.

All of Endeavor's partner from the company was there with their sons and daughters. They all look at him while whispering making Todoroki clench his teeth and curl his knuckles. All their stares and whispers make him nauseous and sick.

He excuses himself and went to the fountain to think and calm himself. He look down on the water and widen his eyes in surprise when he saw koi fish swimming underneath. A small smile form on his face as he dip his finger and play with the water to attract the fishes. They swam towards him but not near. His smile widens as they circle. It made him stop being angry for a second.

"Oh, there's a person." Todoroki jumps in surprise and looks towards the person who spoke. He looks plain compared to the people inside the building. He sheepishly rub his nape.

"Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt you." He apologizes and grins. Todoroki blink and shook his head.

"No, you-you don't need to apologize." He muttered.

"Are you pent up there?" He asked and point towards the building on his back. Todoroki nods and sighs.

"Very, I hate being in this party at all." He said. The person chuckle and sat beside him.

"Me too, I hate this." He said as he looks at the fishes and faces Todoroki. He hummed as he, too dip his finger in the water.

"My name's (M/N). Yours?" He asked while a grin made his dimples visible. Todoroki blink, he looks cute with those.

"Shoto." He answered.

"It's peaceful here compared to there," Todoroki said. (M/N) nod and smile. He must have suffocated there too.

"I can't even eat what they served there, it's not my food." He said and laugh. Todoroki looks at him and frowns in confusion.

"Why? What is your food then?" Todoroki asked. (M/N) look down and remove his hand on the water.

"I only eat fire." He whispered as his cheeks heat up. Todoroki raises a brow and faces him properly.

"What?" Todoroki asked. "Fire? You eat fire?" He asked once again. (M/N) nod and his face heat up in embarrassment.

"I know it's weird, but yeah I only eat fire." He covers his face with his hands. "It's embarrassing, why did I tell that?" He muttered to himself as he whines. Todoroki chuckled making (M/N) curl to himself.

"It's okay, uh, you don't need to be embarrassed about it," Todoroki said while he scratches his cheek. "If you want to be assured, I also have two quirks which is weird too." He muttered silently but (M/N) heard it.

"That's weird too." He laughed. Shoto smiled at him.

"Yeah. It is. I don't like being born with the other though." Shoto said. (M/N) looked at him and tilt his head.

"Hmm? Why is that?" He asked. Shoto looks at him in the eyes and turns away. (M/N) blink and gaze at the scar on his face.

"Well, they are the combination of my parent's quirk, my father, which I hate with so much passion, train me to used both of them, but I rebelled by not using my fire quirk," Shoto said. (M/N) turned silent as he lick his lips.

"Fire quirk, huh?" He whispered, and put both of his hands on the stone to lean on them. He eyed Shoto from his side.

"Yes. Fire and ice." Shoto answered, unaware of the gaze (M/N) has been giving him. The (H/C) haired teen snap out of his hunger.

"That's actually cool." He said and looked away from Shoto to look up at the dark sky. The sky was clear and full of twinkling stars.

"You think so?" Shoto asked, with hope on his voice, not realizing it, (M/N) answered truthfully with half-hearted ideas.

"Yes, because you can create many things using both of them, you might even discover another quirk if you use both of them but, it's just my hypothesis." He said and laugh, he stops laughing when he gets an idea and face Todoroki and clasped both of his hands with his. "But, it'll be awesome if you have THREE!" He eagerly told him. Shoto blink and chuckle.

"You're a funny guy." He said as he smiled. (M/N) blush and let go of Todoroki's hands.

"Heh, I'm just making you smile." He replied.

"Why?"

"Well, you look like you shoulder all the problems in the world...honestly I feel the same." (M/N) said with eyes close and nodding.

"That makes me relieve." Todoroki look at the ground with a smile he can't remove still on his face.

"I'm glad." He softly said.

"I think, we should head back there."(M/N) said as he exit his tongue out with a disgusted expression. "To the nightmare."

"Yes, the nightmare, I totally forgot," Todoroki grumbled.

===BHA===

"As much as I loathe this engagement, we became practically acquainted with one another."

Todoroki can't believe it and neither (M/N).

"Hmm." He hummed, still in a process.

"And, my Mother and Father will kill me, literally, I don't know, they are like that," (M/N) said once they are given privacy on the front of the room where it was reserved for them. "We should probably know each other more...?" He hesitantly asked while he looks at Todoroki's confused and blank face.

"Are you all right with that, Shoto?" He asked once again.

"I guess," Todoroki answered and sigh. "We have no choice, do we?" (M/N) smile sympathetically as he put a comforting hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

"Then, it's settle, I'll also go to UA."