I carefully listen out to the sounds of any leaves or movement around me. In the distance I can hear wailing and I instantly become alert, my wolf hides behind a thick tree as I peer my head just behind it.

In the distance I can see a naked woman struggling against two men, my heart hammers away in my chest and I feel sick.

Narrowing my eyes I realise that it's Zara, Caleb's beta's mate.

She's squirming in their arms but one of the men clamps a hand over her mouth, that's when I notice she's wrapped up in silver. One man says something into her ear and smiles evilly, Zara cries.

They begin to lure her away. My chest heaves quickly, I needed to do something and I needed to do it now.

Clamping my eyes shut for a split second, I try and gain all the confidence I have in my body. Emerging from the tree I begin to charge towards them, acting as aggressively as I can.

They both hear me behind them and turn in my direction. Their grip is loosened on Zara as they gasp at me, she falls to the floor and she scurries away.

I pounce on one of the guys and send him tumbling to the ground. My eyes look to my side and directly at Zara.

Go. I demand in my head.

Just as I watch her shift and run away my fur is pulled from behind me and silver is wrapped around my neck.

A distressed cry leaves my lips at the pain, my wolf no longer strong enough to handle it I shift back to my human form and collapse onto the floor.

They both pin me down and wrap me up in silver, it burns its way through my skin and I hiss at the contact.

One of the men laughs down at me. "Brave what you did but now I guess it'll be you we'll be experimenting on."

As I attempt to fight them off the other guy just punches me straight in the nose, my head hits the floor with a thud and I groan.

"I wonder if there are more," the guy beams at the other.

"Most probably,"

"This is amazing, I knew werewolves existed." They both laugh together.

My head spins from the pain of being punched.

"Let's go," one says as he tugs at the silver on my body.

I struggle against them which only earns me more punches, blood drips down my nose and onto my lips. Whimpering, I let them drag my limp naked body through the dirt.

I wasn't sure if I was hearing things but the low sound of growls surrounds us, my eyes are slightly open as I look down to the brown leaves by my bare feet.

When the two guys look around one mutters, "holy shit." In less than a second I fall face first into the floor, the screams of the two men echo amongst the forest.

I groan into the hard ground, my head feeling dizzy. The silver is unwrapped from my body and I'm turned onto my back. Warm hands cup my face and it sends shivers down my spine, the smell of gasoline makes me relax.