Woes of Finite Youth

Start from the beginning

When you headed back up onto the deck, you made a bee-line for Lloyd once you noticed him looking away from the others.

''Is everything okay?" You asked him in a low whisper. The boy swallowed thickly, his watery eyes meeting your own with a shake of his head. ''Oh, Lloyd...'' You held out your arms to hug him, the boy eagerly leaping into them, hugging you tightly as he sniffled.

Both of you remained there like that for a few minutes, blocking out all else before the stairs leading below the deck creaked underfoot.

''Guys, there's been a break-in at the Ninjago City Museum of History and the security cameras picked up you-know-who!'' Nya announced while Lloyd wormed himself out of your grasp and looked over at her. You sighed from the loss of close company.

''Garmadon!'' Cole realised, narrowing his eyes.

''We have to stop him before he uses the Mega Weapon to start another one of the diabolical plots,'' Jay said as he looked at Nya. Lloyd walked up to them with a hopeful look on his face, though the stares from the ninja told him enough, making him sigh.

''Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go and it's safer if I stay here and train.'' Lloyd replied, annoyed.

The ninja nodded. Lloyd folded his arms in disappointment. On the outskirts of Ninjago City, several minutes later, the ninja sat in the Ultra Sonic Raider while nearby the Destiny's Bounty was parked near the ground. You, Nya and Lloyd looked down at the others.

''We'll meet up at the Bounty as soon as we're done,'' Kai informed.

''We'll be waiting for your safe return,'' Nya assured her brother. The Ultra Sonic Raider started up, while you glared at the vehicle as it sped off down the road, gritting your teeth behind tight lips. The temperature changed, warming as your eyes grew hot.

Lloyd sighed in frustration. ''Too old for comic books and too young to fight. When are they gonna make up their minds?'' He questioned Nya.

''Come on, pint size. Show me what you got.'' Nya told him, the boy yawning and walking away.

In the Ultra Sonic Raider, the ninja kept their sights on the road ahead. Though, something was off. Jay shuddered, an odd feeling washing over him like a bad omen. ''Is it just me, or do I have the heebie-jeebies?"

Kai sighed. ''Knock it off, we're fine.''

''I felt it too,'' Zane confirmed, Jay, meeting his gaze worriedly. ''Perhaps it would be best if we remain vigilant.''

Cole hated to admit it but he had felt it too. ''Something about that doesn't feel right. Like what Zane said, keep your heads up,'' He told the others.

''We might just need it.''

Lloyd read a comic book alone in his room, a heavy weight settling in his chest from what the ninja had told him. He was a kid, not as old as they were yet they couldn't see that, could they? His grip on the pages tightened, the boy closing his eyes as he held back a sob.

Though a knock on the door broke him out of it before the comic book page could be ripped.

''Lloyd?" A familiar and welcomed voice sounded from the other side, the squeaking of wheels adding to the boy's piqued interest.

''Come in,'' Lloyd still groaned.

You pushed open the door, gaze settling on him whilst he stared back at you, awaiting what you had to say. A hopeful light in his eyes grew in warmth.

''Do you wanna take a break-'' The Green Bean didn't need to hear anything else from you, dropping the comic book, leaping off the bed and going to hug you but stopping himself before he could.