Growlithe x Child Reader (Fluff)

Your Mom kiss you in the cheeks and said. "Take care honey!" "I will Mom!" You said and you were about to open the door when Growlithe stop you. "Not now Barky, i'll be late for school!" He whimpered and sat down disappointed. You sigh and pet his head. "I'll come back and play with you ok?" "Growl!" Barky look up happily and wag his tail. "Bye Barky!" You said to him and went outside to go to the school bus who is waiting for you.

Barky went to the doggy door and saw you leave from the house. "Barky!" He heard (Y/N) mom inside calling for him to eat so he went inside the house to go eat his breakfast.

Barky finish his breakfast and went outside the porch again. He sat down scratching his head with his feet and wait for his favorite human to come home from school. He ignore the sound of (Y/N) Dad's lawnmower, the car passing by, or the pachirisu who is getting some nuts from the ground and climb back up to the tree. All he had to do is wait for you like he always do.

It's been a hour now and Barky was laying on a porch taking a nap when he heard a familiar school bus arrive. He open his eyes and wag his tail to see you walking from the school bus, but he notice something strange. You were looking down sad, almost like you were about to cry. In confused Barky decided to come towards you to see what was going on. You look and smile to see him happy that you arrive. "Hi Barky! Did you take care the house while i'm gone?" "Growl!" He said and circle around you, waiting for you to play with him. You giggled and said. "Alright but i'll put my things in my room and then we'll play." And so you went inside the house followed by Barky behind.

"Catch the ball Barky!" You throw the ball far away and Barky started to get the ball and return it to you. "Alright here you go, catch it!" "Growl! Growl!" He jump high and grab the ball with his mouth and dance in joy of his catching. He look at you, expecting you to be happy but he saw you sitting on the porch, arms crossing and he saw you crying silently. "Growl?" Barky said tilting his head in confusion before walking over to you, the ball was still in his mouth.

"Growl?" You wipe your tears away and put a smile on your face. "I'm alright buddy." He drop the ball to your lap and waiting for you to throw the ball again. You giggled and throw the ball away from you so that Barky will catch the ball again. Seeing your Growlithe makes you happy. But you still feel depressed after going to school...

The next day, you went to school and Barky stay in the porch waiting for you again. He yawn for a second before laying down to take a nap. He felt so peaceful in his sleep. Nothing could interrupted his sleep. But in a hour Barky began to feel something's wrong with (Y/N) in school. Something trouble that made him want to go there and see what made him go there. He get up and started to run, not bothering (Y/N) Dad calling out to him.

Barky take a sharp turn, running past the people beside the road, until he maded to (Y/N) school and what he saw truly made him in rage. He saw you curling on the floor crying while your bullies started kicking you, calling you names. How there they, how there they hurt his best friend!? "Growl!" Barky bark at them, running over to you to protect you while he growl and bark at them. "I don't want that mutt to burn my beautiful face and hair!" "Let's get out of here!" They ran and scream like a idiot (hehe). Barky look at you and nudge you, licking your face and waited for you to get up. "T-thanks Barky, your very brave of you..." you patted his head and said. "You should go home now, Mom and Dad will be worried about you if your gone that long." He nodded and before he could leave he nudge your leg, wanting you to hug him so you did. "Your a good boy, Barky." "Growl!" You stop hugging and let him run home while you grab your bag and went inside the school, smiling to have a best friend in your life.