Male Bulbasaur x Fem Trainer Reader (Fluff) (Rewrite)

(Bulbasaur is one of my favorite starter pokemon (aside the two) and i wanted to write this story about it!)

(Y/N Pov.)

You jolted awake to hear your mother calling you downstairs. "Y/N it's time to get your first pokemon! Professor Oak is waiting for you!" "Coming!" You said very excited before getting off from bed and changing your clothing. Today is the day you'll get to have your very own pokemon! 'I should hurry up quick!' You said as you put your shoes on before going downstairs. "Take care honey!" Your mother said as you open the front door. "I will!" You close the door behind you before running off to the lab.

You stop in front of the two doors and placing your both hands to your knees to breath in and out heavily. You run so fast that you can't very catch your breath this time, but at least you maded to Professor Oak's lab. You soon regain strength and open the door. You close the door and walk in to see Professor Oak was waiting for you. "I see you finally came Y/N." He said and you smiled. "Yeah and i'm sorry for being late or not," "oh that was alright dear, now it's time to pick your very own pokemon!" He turn and clap his hands to call everyone in the backyard. "Alright everyone it's time to line up!" Soon three pokemon enter the room and did as he was told. Your eyes sparkle in excited, 'they look so cool!'

Professor Oak turn to face you and explain everything about them. "Now listen here closely Y/N, the first one is Bulbasaur the grass type! The second one is Charmander the fire type! And the last one is Squirtle the water type!" Now which one would you like to pick Y/N?" Professor Oak gave you a spare time to think patiently. Placing your hand to your lower jaw to think. In all honest this three look cute and cool, but you had to choose one, 'what should i choose...' you look at them very carefully. The Charmander look to be playing with Squirtle which is looks kinda cute. Moving on to look at Bulbasaur, he seem to be staring at you with a happy face, not even paying attention to the two next to him. Now this one is going to be your starter pokemon!

You pointed at Bulbasaur. "I choose this one Professor!" Oak smiled, "great choice Y/N! And here take this pokedex and a pokeball for you in your journey." He gave you the important items and you quickly hug him and thank him which led him by surprise but hug you back. "Now take good care of him for me ok? Even for you Y/N." You nodded to him and bent down in front of Balbasaur, the others however they wandered off to play with the other pokemons in the backyard. You grab the pokeball and look at Balbasaur with a smile. "Balbasaur? Would you like to be my partner? We can go adventure together and meet new friends! So what do you say?" Bulbasaur let out a chirp of excitement. "Bulba Bulba!" Then he proceed to go back to his pokeball and you said goodbye to Professor Oak and went out to say goodbye to your mother before going on a journey with your pokemon.

Going past the Viridian City you went to the Viridian Forest to train your Bulbasaur to get him strong and fight some pokemon trainers along the way, catching a few other pokemon you saw and heading out to the Pewter City where you'll challenge Brock for a pokemon battle. "Alright Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!" Bulbasaur release a Vine Whip on his back and began to whip the boulder snake known as Onix. In pain the Onix let out a roar of pain. "Onix hang in there and use Rock Tomb!" Brock ordered his last pokemon as he release a massive boulders dropping down from above as boulders are ready to hit the ground, even for Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur get out of there quick!" He did as he was told and dodge some of the boulders in the way, avoiding the falling boulders above his head.

"Now use Vine Whip again!" He summon his Vine Whip and began to whip the poor creature until the Onix let out a last roar of pain before collapsing on the floor sending a dust of clouds along the way. You cough and covered your mouth and nose to prevent you from breathing the dust of air until it died down. The battle field was clear now and Onix was now finally fainted on the floor. "Onix was unable to battle! Bulbasaur and Y/N wins!" Hearing this you smiled and hug your dear pokemon. "We won Bulbasaur we won!" "Bulba Bulba!" Bulbasaur cheers in victory with you. Brock pull out his partner's pokeball and call out to him. "Onix return, you'll take a good rest." He said smiling to his Onix before he return to his pokeball.

Brock went up to you while you hug Bulbasaur and said. "I see you have raise him very well Y/N, now for your reward for challenge me you deserve a Boulder Badge." Brock offered you a Boulder Badge and you accept his offer. "Thank you Brock! Look bud we got our very first Gym Badge!" "Bulba!" He said happily before you put away your Boulder Badge to the Badge Case. You say goodbye to the Gym Leader and went off to the next town to beat another Gym Leader and catch some more pokemon along the way.