The cracking of bones, the cries and groaning were mixing in the wind. The Alphas just watched them shifting. Everyone was tense praying that the shift ceremony would be a successful. Successful meaning no pups will die in the shifting process but she think that the Luna – the goddess of moon didn't hear their silent prayers.

The hearts of the three of the young pups were starting to slowdown. To slow that she can only hear their faint heartbeat, meaning their life were slowly slipping away from them, in short their dying.

That's her cue; she stood up in the branch of the tree and effortless jump off landing in the dirty ground soundless. She walked towards them and stood right in the front of the three young pups that is writhing in pain.

Her hair turns to white shining under the moon and her violet eyes were glowing, releasing her power like what she did when the pack of Rouge attack.

The Alphas knelt in one knee in the presence of her power except Solomon who stood there watching her doing her job in the shifting ceremony with amusement and proud dancing in his eyes.

She can feel his eyes on her. She gritted her teeth focusing herself to the three young pups trying not to be distracted by him.

"Shift!" She commanded to them.

They looked at her with eyes wide open then curled in the dirty ground. "Bear the pain" with tears in their eyes they whimpered in the ground.

She knew it was harsh but that's what the world is and it's for their good. That's why; she was needed in the shift ceremony. Her role was to make the shift ceremony successful.

Her presence alone compelled them to obey and can overcome death itself. "I won't let anyone die in the shift ceremony" she whispered in the wind.

Their wolf will bear all the pain to the point that they will die but because of her presence the death will ran away from them. All they have to do is to endure the excruciating pain.

+++

Solomon watches the young pups as the shifting ceremony begin, but his mind was searching for her. He was impatiently wishing that the shifting ceremony will end early so he can have enough time to look for her.

He was distracted that he was didn't notice the anxiousness was radiating from his body and the dying beat of the three young pups' heart.

He stood straight sensing something, something that is too similar, something that he had felt before. His eyes immediately found her as she walked towards the circle.

He saw her black hair turns to silver white reflecting the light from the full moon and her eyes were glowing. His eyes followed her as she stops right at the front of some random pups. He didn't even notice the other Alphas were kneeling in the ground because of the sudden rush of her power.

"Shift!" he heard her say to the young pups. The cries and groans were the only reply she got from the pups.

Solomon suddenly felt pity to the three young pups. He pitied them of how she pushes them to their limits. He knows what it feels like to be in the shifting ceremony but the pain that the young pups was experiencing was nothing to compare to what he felt when he first shift.

It was his fifteenth birthday when the full moon suddenly shows up in the cloudy sky. No one has ever expected what was going to happen that night; no one has ever expected that, that night will be his first shift.

His father couldn't do anything and was surprised seeing him shifting for the first time. His pack whimpered as they watch their soon to be Alpha shifting in agony.

+++

After long agonizing hours, the young pups fainted all in their wolf form. She turned around planning to leave the place but her eyes betrayed her meeting his gray eyes.

There's a pride and joy dancing in his gray eyes as the grin was plastered in his lips.

Damn it! This is Alpha Slade fault! He shouldn't let that man stay here. He is a distraction! A sweet distraction. she cursed again between her teeth. Oh gods and goddess! She was slowly losing her mind to think that man is a sweet distraction.

She heard strained footsteps. She shook her head clearing her mind and pulled back her powers.

Eaton looked at her hesitantly.

"What?" She asked in her coldest voice that can freeze the blazing fire of hell.

Eaton jolted and cleared his throat; "Alpha wants you to handle the questioning of the rouge in the prison cell tonight" She nodded and started to walked toward the prison cell.

"I'm coming too" She heard the thick accent again that brought shiver in her body.

She halted and looked at him trying to composed herself. "You're not a pack member, so you're not allowed in the prison cell."

What the fucking shit he's thinking?!

"I'm coming" he finality leaving no room for argument.

He walked and stop right in the front of her. "Swearing is not suitable for a beautiful woman like you" he smiled then left.

Did she shout that out loud?

Her jaw literally hit the ground. You've got to be kidding me.