Chapter 16

The Training

"Anything cracked will shatter at a touch."

― Ovid

Solomon woke up and does his morning routine. Today was the start of intensive training.

He went to kitchen and saw Pearl – Beta Nicholas' Lifemate cleaning something in the sink. He sat at the wooden high chair in the kitchen island counter putting his arms in the table.

"Where's everyone?" he asked her looking around hearing nothing from the entire pack house.

A gasp snaps his head to look at Pearl. Pearl looked at him with wide eyes while her hands were in her chest trying to calm her heartbeat.

"Oh, sorry." Solomon sheepishly smiled. "I didn't mean to startle you."

Pearl closed her eyes and takes a deep breath. "You don't need to apologies." She open her eyes, "just promise me next time at least make an audible foot step so I'll know you're coming"

Solomon nodded, "Yeah, I promise"

Pearl turns her back to him and put some food in the plate before she serves it to Solomon. "Everyone is in training ground right now" She crossed her arms in her chest and lean in the sink looking at Solomon.

"Training ground?" He frowned. He glanced at his wrist watch, "They are already training this time? I mean its 4:30 in the morning, the sun haven't rises yet."

"I think they started warming up around..." She looked at her watch, "...4 am" then she looked back at him, "It was a sudden changes. Alpha Slade suddenly shouted in the mind link..." pointing her head, "... waking everybody, telling that we need to train now. He said that we need to be ready in unexpected attacks from the unknown pack."

Solomon nodded and started eating his breakfast then he keep stealing glance to Pearl as if he was hesitating.

Pearl laughed as she caught him stealing glances. "You can ask me anything" she can feel his hesitation.

"well.. um..." Solomon cleared his throat while Pearl just smiled encouraging him. "Where is she?"

Pearl frowned a little thinking who is this she Solomon is talking a about. A minute or two she finally realizes it. "Oh!... err, She went home yesterday and went straight to her room. I think she's still sleeping right now."

"Thank you" he mumbled disappointingly, he was hoping that she was already in the training ground.

"Everything will be alright son" Pearl said to Solomon with a motherly looked in her face.

Solomon smiled back, he suddenly missed his mother. If his mother is still alive, she could give him an advice how tame a woman's heart. Solomon sighed and finishes his breakfast.

He stood up and put his plate in the sink. He was about to wash it when Pearl stop him, "I'll take care of that. You are needed in the training ground."

"Thanks again" Solomon smiled gratefully at her before he left.

+++

It was seven in the morning when Paige decided to show up in the training ground.

The wolves were already sweaty and exhausted. They were training for two and a half hour.