Chapter 25

The Opposite

Paige woke up early, when she open her eyes the first thing that her eyes saw was Solomon sleeping face. He was sleeping so peaceful and calm that draws a smile in Paige lips. She stared at Solomon with eyes filled with love and happiness. This is the first time she felt this kind of happiness for seventeen years.

She grew up miserable when everything she has was taken away from her, but when she meets Solomon, he gave her another hope, or rather a brand new hope.

She put her hand on his cheek and lightly caresses it. She smiled softly thinking that Solomon was the only one who melted her frozen heart. Her mind was set that she really doesn't care if something happen to her, but thinking Solomon changes it everything. She will do everything to stay alive for Solomon.

Maybe the fate is not as cruel as she thinks it is.

She kiss Solomon's forehead before she decided to get up from the bed. She looked at the clock and it's still three in the morning. The sun has not risen yet and everyone is still asleep. She walked toward the bathroom naked and took a quick bath.

After taking a bath, she wore her usual clothes. She took a last glance at Solomon sleeping form and went downstairs thinking of making a breakfast for Solomon.

Paige heard a noise coming from the kitchen. She thought the women who as assigned in the kitchen are already preparing breakfast.

When she entered the kitchen she saw someone she least expected to see; her twin brother's mate – Alena.

Alena was doing something that Paige couldn't see because Alena's back was facing her.

She took the coffee cup that was in the kitchen island and finally Alena notice her.

Alena looked back and surprised to see Paige pouring coffee in the cup. She stood frozen there watching Paige until Paige look at her. She gulped quietly as meeting her violet eyes.

"I... uh..." Alena stuttered awkwardly trying to start a conversation with Paige. Every time she's nervous she this habit of playing with her hands and unconsciously hooking her stray hairs in her ears exposing her shoulder.

Paige follows Alena's hand movement until her eyes found a mark in Alena's neck. The mark was completely different from what shifter's mark. It is a sorcerer mark.

"You complete the mating with my brother" Paige said.

Alena's hand immediately touches the Payne's mark in her neck and then she took a quick glance at Paige's neck and saw a mark too. She look back at Paige meeting her gaze and saw Paige's lift her eyebrow as if she was daring Alena to say something about the mark too but Alena shyly averted her eyes form Paige moving her head to look down. She was still thinking what to say to Paige as she can feel Paige's eyes on her.

"Where's my brother?" Paige asked.

Alena moved her head to look up at Paige and met her famous cold eyes as what the Wolfsbane Sentinels describe. "He... uhm..." she couldn't look away this time as if Paige held her eyes captive. "He's in the Alpha office"

She didn't get any response or even a nod from Paige. "Uh..." Alena open her mouth when Paige was about to leave the kitchen. Paige just moves her head to look at her through her shoulder. "err..." Alena still couldn't find her words and she needs to speak quick knowing Page is waiting for her to say something.