Safe

(sorry for the wait my friends—school can suck my ass)

"so, is that a yes?" Sans looked down at his shoes, nervous.

            "What, you think I will say no to our first date?" A hand lifted his face to see yours. Your eyes were full of warmth, and sparkled with amusement. "Did you really think I would refuse?" You rose a brow, a small smile quirking the edge of your lip.

            "...well, probably not, but, uh...we never..." Sans rubbed the back of his neck, sucking air through his teeth, "it's kind of overdue, huh?"

            "Yeah." Despite the fact, you chuckled. "Should I dress up? With the very few clothes I have?" You pretended to think, "I think I'll wear my casual outfit, but for comfort I'm going to need something warm. For health purposes, obviously." You blinked your eyes coyly, clasping your hands together. "After all, I'll be cold as just a small human."

            "you want my hoodie."

            "Yes." You broke character, staring blankly at him. Sans sighed, unzipping the blue one he was wearing and handing it to you. You giggled excitedly, and managed to get the huge thing on.

            "heh. small." He cooed at you. The jacket was like a dress on you, the sleeves way too long. You swung your arms around, uncaring.

            "Comfy! Comfy!"

            "yeah, yeah," Sans rolled his eye lights, still grinning.

            The comfortable conversation continued as you and Sans walked back to the house, hearing pattering of feet once standing in front of the door. Sans gave you a knowing look, before opening it.

            "AH! WELCOME BACK! WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN ME AND FRISK IN OUR VERY SERIOUS ACTIVITIES????" Papyrus turned to you both excitedly, and dropped an armful of items onto Frisk. You rose a brow and laughed softly, seeing Frisk pop their head out from underneath the pile of blankets and pillows.

            "Papy!" Frisk flailed their arms, and Papyrus quickly unburied them and set them back on top of the pile. Sans chuckled from beside you, and shook his head.

            "maybe later. gonna go on a date," Sans pointed his thumb to you, "with this one." Papyrus gasped, then looked both of you up and down. The tall skeleton narrowed his eyes, and a clicking sound came from his mouth.

            "YOU BOTH ARE NOT EVEN DRESSED UP!" Papyrus put both his fists on his hip bones, "AND DID YOU EVEN ASK, SANS?" Sans nodded. "OKAY, WELL, THAT IS ONLY STEP ONE. DIDN'T I LEND YOU MY DATING BOOK!???!!??" Sans merely shrugged, sending a wink to Frisk who giggled in return. Must be an inside joke, you thought.

            "Papy, they look dressed up to me. SS is wearing a new hoodie and everything. And Sans isn't wearing a hoodie!" Frisk gave a double thumbs up, to which Papyrus groaned.

            "THEY'RE JUST WEARING SANSES HOODIE! NO CREATIVITY! THIS IS A TOTALLY DISASTROUS DATE ALREADY AND YOU HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED THE DATING YET!" Papyrus was fuming at this point.

            "welp. there's a clothes store along the way. we'll buy new clothes on the way to our date." Papyrus huffed, then looked to be thinking about it. After a while he gave a heavy sigh, then slumped over in posture.

            "OKAY, WHATEVER. GOOD LUCK FINDING A SUPER COOL SPECIAL DATE OUTFIT." Papyrus waved you both off, "GO ON, GO ON. FRISK AND I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT PROJECT RIGHT NOW AND MUST NOT BE DISTRACTED."