Ch. 6: Taking A Tumble

Start from the beginning

      "He's your godfather Harry," Hermione whispered then sighed, "I'm just saying that you should at least think about it."

       I gasped, I knew that it had blown my cover but I could not hold it in. Sirius Black?? He was Harry's Godfather?! Do you know how twisted that is?

     The door sprung open to reveal, surprise surprise, yet another tall redhead. But, this one had an angry look on his face. I peered inside to see Hermione and the famous Harry Potter sitting on a bed and staring at me with wide eyes, insecure and caught off guard. The redhead's face changed from angry to confused, then surprised, as did Harry's. Meanwhile, Hermione's stayed the same: concerned and unsure.

     You know that fight or flight instinct that movies and books talk about? Yeah, totally realistic.

      Apparently, I'm a flyer.

     I backed up a little and thought about running downstairs to pretend as if none of this happened. My feet took action before my brain even jolted and I bolted to the stairs; I had almost started my descent when Hermione's voice rang out from behind me, stuttering a bit. "Petrificus Totalus!"

     I let out a small shriek when I lost my footing and started to fall down the stairs, even though I was not in control of my body, I could still feel the pain of falling down two flights of stairs. Before I started to fall down the last flight,  was blocked by a wooden pole, which I hit my head roughly on and it caused me to blackout completely.

     "Bloody hell, Hermione, you didn't have to go and kill 'er." I heard the redhead mutter before I succumbed to the darkness.

RON

      I watched in horror as the girl, who looked like Hermione, tumbled down two flights of stairs. I can swear to you that I almost heard a crunching sound of a bone breaking as she ricocheted into the wooden pole. 

     Wincing, I jogged over to where she was lying frozen. "Bloody hell Hermione, you didn't have to go and kill 'er," I muttered, leaning over her body. Slowly, I picked her petrified form off of the ground and carried her back upstairs, me holding her arms and Harry joining in to help by grabbing her legs. It seemed I wasn't correct though, her features were a little jostled but nothing seemed broken or... bent in any wrong direction.

     "Oh Godric, oh Merlin's beard." Hermione started to panic and paced around mine and Harry's room. "What have I done?!" She stopped for a moment and looked at the girl and once more started pacing again. "I-I just used magic outside of Hogwarts. I'll be expelled!" 

     "Ronald Weasley! What is going on up there?!" My mum called from downstairs. "We are leaving in a half-hour, so you'd better hurry your idle rump down here if you want any breakfast. Fred and George are devouring it all." 

     "Be down in a minute, Mum." I winced as I called to her, my voice sounded unusually high.

       Harry examined the girl, confused. he took a slow step forward, bringing the bedside lamp closer to her as she lay limply on the bed. The light ignited her features and he and I shared a joint look of confusion. "Hermione, do you know this girl?" 

     My dad had said Hermione had been reunited with her long-lost sister. I just didn't actually... well, believe it until I saw her here.... unconscious. 

     Hermione just scoffed and continued pacing, looking extremely guilty about what happened. "She's my twin. I can't believe I did this to her. I'm awful." She leaned towards her sister to examine her nose. 

     "You don't think she's seriously injured, do you?" I asked, voice cracking.

      "Godric, I hope not." Hermione lifted her sister's hands and bent her elbows, checking for any broken bones I would guess. "She's just got a bruise on her head.... this is all my fault." 

     "Yeah, you're right," I answered Hermione. "It is your fault." 

      Harry gave me a look and cleared his throat as if to say 'wrong timing.'

      Hermione just sent a dark glare my way. "They're going to expel me! What am I going to do?"

     "You were just thinking on your feet," Harry spoke up. Hermione began to shake her head, telling Harry that she was already going to be in trouble, but he shrugged her off. "Think of it this way, Hermione. She could've broken a nose or something. But, she didn't. You were just trying to protect me."

     " 'Sides," I spoke up, scratching the back of my head. "There's a lot of wizards in this house right now. If Fred and George can sneak a couple of spells out here and there, I doubt they're gonna expel Hermione Granger, you're the brightest witch of our age for Merlin's sake.

      Hermione bit her lip and frowned, eyes locked on mine with worry before looking at her sister. "Perhaps you're right."

       "It's not so bad," Harry nodded. "It's good she's not awake, we can chat with her a little and clear things up. So, thanks, Hermione," he said.

     Amidst the chaos, neither Harry, Hermione nor myself noticed a pair of sneaks creep up the stairs and into the room.

      "Well well well, look what we--"

       "-have here." Fred and George strolled right in and shook their heads in sync. Creepy bastards. 

     With his hands tucked into the front pockets of his jeans, my older brother Fred bent close to Hermione's sister's face and examined the budding bump and accompanying bruise on her forehead, shaking his head as if ashamed at the sight. "Shame that. What did you do --"

     "-- Send her down a flight of stairs?" George lifted up her hand then dropped it back down onto the mattress. It flopped down with a thump but she didn't seem to feel it. 

      "Gez, Elle's gonna feel that when she wakes up--ain't she George?" Fred pointed to the now fairly large bump protruding from 'Elle's' forehead. It was egg-shaped and purple and looked like it hurt an awful lot.

      "Right you are, Fred. I bet it won't feel too good." George finished, then his face turned from joking to serious. "Honestly though, you three. Why did you try to kill the poor girl?"

_______________

EDIT 8/6/14: Hey guys, so - many people have been having problems seeing chapters, if you don't see a chapter, please look in the comment section, I have posted it there. I hope this helps, enjoy.

(10-YA A/N: ) Hello again, these next few chapters are very short. So, I'll try to get another out today. I could always try to combine them, but I hate the history of comments that I would lose. One of the downsides of editing these all the way is how many chains of comments we've lost.

there was a lot of fun, 10-year long chains that definitely kept going.

Anyway, Happy Sunday!