Danger of the Doppelgängers

Start from the beginning

''Uh, the autobody shop?'' Jay questioned as you got onto your wheelchair.

''Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though, I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you're not busy, I can show you what I've been working on.'' Her eyes flickered between you two.

''I'm sure I can come.'' You replied while Jay mumbled a response that Nya luckily heard.

Jay spied the letter in Nya's grasp. ''Uh, what you got there?''

''Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd.'' Nya handed the letter to Wu.

The Old Tea-Obsessed Man inspected it. ''Hmm. It's from Lloyd's old school.'' He observed.

''The Darkley School for Bad Boys?'' Cole questioned, walking up beside you while looking at his sensei.

''Formerly bad boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkley School for Great Children.'' Wu told his students as the rest of them walked over to listen.

''Heh, wait. They've turned good?'' Kai's confused by the school's sudden change in attitude, and you don't blame him.

Wu took another look at the paper. ''Hmm, it says here there's going to be a ceremony.''

''I love ceremonies. That means there's going to be cake.'' Cole gushed.

''Lloyd's change inspired them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence.'' Wu turned his gaze to the group.

Lloyd was the complete opposite of excellence at that moment.

He broke the broom, then headbutted the punching bag in his final act of frustration while the others watched.

''Are we sure we're talking about the same Lloyd?'' Kai asked, looking at the green-clothed gremlin.

While the others were gone, you leaned up against a wall with your eyes closed, making it seem like you were taking a short nap, but in reality, you were testing the limits of your hearing.

''...Squeeze in tight. Can everyone hear me? Okay, so let's brainstorm on how to use my Mega Weapon to destroy the ninja. Remember, the weapon can only create, never destroy. And I can only use it once a day, as it drains all of my strength. So, no such thing as a bad idea. Anyone?'' Garmadon questioned his Serpentine followers aboard the Black Bounty.

Chokun raised his scaly hand eagerly. ''What if you made more pirates?''

''Over the side!'' Garmadon ordered.

''No, no. I-I was kidding. Wait. Aah!'' The Constrictai got thrown off the ship, a splash following.

''Anyone else? Don't be shy. No bad ideas.'' Garmadon told them as if he didn't just get someone thrown off.

An eager Venomari raised their hand. ''Oh, what if you recreated the Devourer?''

''Over the side!'' Fourarmadon ordered. There was a yell as another Serpentine got thrown off.

''Instead of things that have already failed to destroy the ninja, how about something new?'' Garmadon asked the waiting crowd.

Chokun raised his hand again, already back on the Bounty. ''Can you create a giant ham sandwich?''

''A poisoned giant ham sandwich?'' Garmadone inquired.

''I would hope not. I'm sssso hungry.'' Chokun answered. He was thrown off board again. ''Aah!''

You stopped listening to open your eyes, making it look like you just woke up. Save for Wu cleaning up the mess of the lightbulbs, the room was empty and bare of the ninja. Maybe someone else needed your company.