Forty Three

There was a loud and merry atmosphere surrounding the northern pack as the werewolves cheer on the good news brought by the two males who went to have a meeting with the council.

Finally, there is peace.

They prepared for a feast to celebrate the rebirth of their pack and to wash away the remains of the past.

It's time for them to loosen up and feel the festive ambience once again.

Everyone gathered around the throne room where a lot of food and drinks are placed on each table.

There are laughters and cheers inside the hall, the kind of sound that Jungkook hasn't heard for a while.

The alpha sat atop his throne with a satisfied smile on his lips. Just by seeing the happiness on the faces of his people, Jungkook can already say he's happy.

Their happiness is his happiness. Their pain is his pain.

Hoseok saw the small smile on Jungkook's lips, which in turn made him smile as well.

He slowly made his way to the throne, handing a goblet to his alpha. "You should drink too, Jungkook." He muttered.

The ravenette took the glass and gulped down the alcohol that glided down smoothly in his throat.

He watched his men clink down their glasses, laugh as if there's no tomorrow, and heal like all of them should.

"It's nice to see everyone enjoying themselves, right?" Hoseok mumbles, sipping down his own drink.

Jungkook nods, looking at the man beside him. "You should enjoy yourself too. Look at Jackson, already wasted there."

Hoseok laughed as he stared at the said male who's causing a bit of a ruckus now on the table in the middle of the hall with Yoongi and the others.

"That man always causes trouble." Hoseok laughed, face showing adoration towards the man.

Jungkook smiled at this. "He's a trouble maker, but you like him." He teased, making the other blush, crimson red.

"I don't. He's a pain in the ass." Hoseok whispered, gulping down the liquid once more as he tries to hide his burning cheeks.

Jungkook chuckled, "If both of you would just mark each other, he could literally make your ass painful." the ravenette muttered, making Hoseok choke.

"What?!--" He blurted out, cheeks as red as ripen tomatoes.

The ravenette laughed at his reaction, his genuine laugh erupted in the hall, making the other werewolves turn their eyes on him.

Everyone started smiling, seeing their alpha laughing once more. His laugh sounds melodious to their ears.

Hoseok's gaze became soft, seeing that Jungkook finaly laughs after a long while.

"Happiness looks good on you, Jungkook." Hoseok mumbles, his voice held tenderness for his alpha.

"Yeah?" Jungkook responded, wiping the tears in his eyes after laughing so hard.

"Yes. I hope you can be this happy every day." Hoseok stated, looking away from the alpha.

Jungkook went silent for a while.

He hopes so too.

But he knows it would be impossible, so long as he's not with him to share that laughter.

---------

The ravenette made his way out of the hall, even though the festivity wasn't done yet.