Thirty Six

The blonde is sat on the grass with little Yeontan on his lap, busy ruffling his blonde locks with his small hands.

"Prwetty." Tannie mumbles, hands doing all sorts of things with his hair, giggling at his creation from time to time.

"I'm pretty?" Taehyung looked at the child, his hair dishevelled and sticking out everywhere.

Yeontan nods his head as he continues to style Taehyung's hair up.

The blonde tickles Tan's baby tummy, poking and nipping on his skin to finally stop him.

"You're having fun huh?" He said, peppering his tummy with kisses that only made the little one giggle even more, his genuine laughs sound music to Taehyung's ears.

His mood was lifted by the little boy in an instant, making him smile even more. He wants to divert his attention to the things bothering his mind, and Yeontan is just the perfect distraction.

As soon as Jungkook left that morning, Taehyung has been feeling a lump on his throat. He has this anxiety that makes him think of the worst things.

Jungkook promised to be back before the night falls, and Taehyung holds on to that promise. He instructed Taehyung to never go out of the castle without company and to always be on guard with what's happening around him.

Waiting for Jungkook's return turned out to be the worst feeling. He doesn't know why but his heart keeps on beating fast, and he hates it. It's as if his senses are telling him that something bad is going to happen.

Taehyung tried doing a lot of things inside his room, but he just keeps on thinking about negative thoughts, so he decided to go out and play with Yeontan instead.

The child clings on to him, tugging on his cheeks playfully. They both just spend their time together until Jimin came, carrying snacks and drinks.

"Hey, babies." Jimin sat beside the two, handing the food he brought.

"I can hear your laughs from the inside. You both sound so happy, I had to join." Jimin continues as he watched the two dig in.

"You're always so thoughtful hyung." Taehyung praised, smiling widely at the older who just smiled back.

Jimin took Yeontan from Taehyung's lap and placed him on his, allowing the blonde to enjoy his meal.

There was a silence for a while, with only Yeontan's soft munching before Taehyung finally decided to speak up.

"Hyung...uhm... can I ask you something?" Taehyung mumbles, now fidgeting on his seat, eyeing the ground.

Jimin turned to look at him. "Yeah. What is it, baby?"

Taehyung continued to stared on the ground, not wanting to make eye contact because the older will surely see the anxiety in his eyes.

"Do you know why the council asked for Jungkook?.... Does it perhaps...involve me?" He said, barely in a whisper.

Jimin stared at him, studying his troubled face. "Maybe it does, but I'm not really sure. Only the alpha can answer that once he comes back." He replied in all honesty.

Taehyung finally turned to look at the older. "I-I've been feeling bad, hyung. There's something bothering me, and I hate feeling like this." He confessed, eyes full of worry.

Jimin slowly placed his right hand on his blonde locks, stroking him softly like a child. "Don't think too much, Tae. Jungkook will be alright."

Taehyung looked away, unable to explain the fear building in his heart. "W-what if...what if...."

"Hush, baby." Jimin stopped him and lifted his head as he stares deeply in his eyes.

"Jungkook will be back. That, I'm sure about." Jimin mumbled, wiping the tears that Taehyung doesn't know have already flowed down his crescent eyes.

"He'll be back because he knows you're waiting for him." Jimin continued, eyes full of love as he smiled sweetly.

Taehyung nodded his head as he bit his lower lip to stop himself from crying. He feels so pathetic, crying over something so foolish.

Jimin's words finally made him feel at ease. The older is right. Jungkook will be back for him. He should not be thinking about bad things at this moment. He shouldn't worry because he knows Jungkook can handle himself.

Taehyung doesn't know that he should worry about himself more than anyone else because that night, everything will change.

-------

In the darkness of the night, a shadow carefully walks on the palace grounds, afraid to make any noise that can get the attention of the other werewolves. The security is on alert, but that doesn't stop him in proceeding with the plan.

The shadow quickly walks far away from the castle and into a secret passage leading outside the territory that he was able to successfully create without anyone knowing.

He's been waiting for this time to come, the moment when all his hard work will finally be paid off.

It was hard infiltrating the pack. He had to pretend as one of Jungkook's men in order to get his trust. Everyday feels like hell, his heart always thumping out of his chest, afraid of getting caught and be branded as a traitor.

Now, all his sacrifices will be put to good use once they kill the alpha's human mate and eventually destroy his pack.

He rushed to the other side of the passageway, where his real comrades are waiting for him.

He has to move fast. This is the only chance they could get and he will do everything not to fuck up.

His eyes quickly saw the man with blonde hair, his real alpha, who's standing in the middle of more than fifty werewolves with an evil expression.

"There he is." Taecyeon grinned, eyes scanning down the man's physique as he went near.

The alpha turned his gaze toward the man, eyes gleaming with evil intentions as he stared at him and waited for his signal.

"Jungkook is not yet back. We can attack now." the traitor said, huffing for air.

The alpha smirked, eyes twinkling in excitement before speaking with his poisonous voice. "Jungkook will really not be back for tonight because I made sure he'll be hold up by our men." He said, grinning like the devil that he is.

He looked over his men, tongue grazing over his sharp fangs as his eyes turned bloody red.

"It's time to have some fun, boys. Real bloody fun."

-------

Love you 💜