Nine

"Tae!"

"Taetae!"

"Hey!"

The brunet almost jumped out of shock when a hand tapped his shoulder.

"Oh my--" He said, removing his earphones as he looked at his best friend.

"Bogumie! I almost got a heart attack." Taehyung continued, pinching the sides of the handsome man beside him.

Bogum laughed at the younger's shocked expression, his doe innocent eyes popping.

"I've been calling you, didn't see your earphones. Sorry." The older said, smiling, his boy next door kind of smile that gets the girls melting.

Bogum puts his arm across the younger's shoulders, dragging him along, the younger's arm automatically wrapping around the older's waist.

"Let's hurry Tae. We don't want to be late."

Taehyung giggled as he lets himself be dragged inside their room where a lot of their classmates are already sitting in their seats, listening to what seems to be an announcement from their class president.

"Is that mandatory?"

Taehyung heard one of his classmates asks boredly. He confusingly looked at the board to understand the situation as he sits on his seat.

"This is not mandatory, however, Ms. Hyuna said that if you're going to join the camping, a lot of incentives will be given to you." The class president, Lisa, explained.

"What kind of incentives?" Hyungsik inquired. Everyone's finally getting a bit interested upon hearing the word 'incentives'.

Taehyung finally understood what's going on as he reads the agenda written on the board.

The Science Department will be conducting a camping activity and everyone is encouraged to join.

"She promised to give all the participants additional 50 points for their performance, exemption in the periodic exam, and a perfect score for the project for this quarter."

The class began to get wild, some shouted and the others bang their desks in celebration. Taehyung smiled, his eyes excitedly looking for Bogum who happens to look at his direction as well with a bright smile.

Bogum mouthed something and Taehyung tried his best to understand.

Let's join.

The brunet nodded his head eagerly, biting his lower lip in excitement. He loves these kinds of activities where he can explore and learn outside the school premises. All he has to do is to convince his parents to allow him, which is a piece of cake especially if he has his brothers with him.

------

"No."

Taehyung almost dropped his spoon, hearing both his parents say 'no'. His excitement vanishing every second, losing his appetite in the process.

He decided to tell about the camping activity to his parents over dinner. He even asked them with full of excitement, but his parents seem to feel otherwise. Namjoon and Jin were also silent, not wanting to defy their parents' decision.

"B-but Mom....Dad... I already promised Bogum that we'll join together." Taehyung said with his puppy eyes, trying his best to convince them.

"Still no, sweetie. End of discussion." Tianna muttered firmly, her hands gripping on the fork.

Taehyung dropped his spoon, his eyes fixated on the floor as he hurriedly gets up and storms to his room, loudly banging the door.

"Tae..." Jin whispered, feeling a bit upset about his little brother's behavior toward their parents.

Joseph sighed, a little guilty that they made their youngest sad and angry.

"That child.... he's being bratty and disrespectful now." Tianna shakes her head in disappointment.

"You know him, Mom. Tae just really loves outdoor and group activities like this." Namjoon said, finishing his food.

"I know. I just don't want him near the forest again." Tianna shivered at the thought.

"We all don't want him to experience that again... but don't you think it's time for Taehyung to just do whatever he enjoys? He's older now, Mom... and besides, Namjoon and I won't let anything bad happen to him. We can promise you that." Jin smiled reassuringly, taking his mother's hands and closing them with his own.

"Jin is right honey. Let's allow Taehyung this time. He seems to be really excited about it and I don't want him to hate us just because of this." Joseph agreed, soothing his wife's back with his hand.

Tianna sighed before finally nodding her head, hoping that their decision is really for the best.

----

Taehyung covered his face with a pillow after hearing soft knocks on the door. He heard the turning of the knob, followed by careful steps.

"Honey, can I come in?"

The brunet did not respond, pretending to be asleep. He silently wished for his mom to go out of his room. He doesn't want to face her now that he's being sulky and bratty.

Taehyung felt the bed dipped a little, followed by a soft hand caressing his back.

"Are you still mad, sweetie?" His mother's tender voice reached his ear, almost making him tear up again.

"We're sorry honey for making you upset. You know we only want what's best for you right?" She continued, softly gliding her hand on the back of his head.

"Why don't you want me to go?" Taehyung finally whispered, still covering his face with a pillow.

Tianna just hums, continuously caressing the youngest hair. She lifted the pillow away from Taehyung's face finally seeing his reddened eyes from crying.

"Did you cry, honey?" Tianna asks, a bit guilty from seeing the youngest's swollen eyes and face. She took Taehyung's small face in her hands and wiped the tears that are flowing again.

Taehyung nodded his head, unable to control his tears from flowing. He pouts cutely, just like when he was still a little one.

"I'm really sad, Mom. I badly want to join." Taehyung whispered, his eyes fixated on his clasped hands.

Tianna smiled at her little baby. She hugs him tightly, her hands caressing his back, comforting.

"Don't cry anymore. You're free to go now."

Taehyung breaks out of the hug to stare at his mother's loving eyes.

"R-really?"

Tianna nods her head. She almost fell from the bed when Taehyung jumped at her with a huge teddy bear hug.

"THANK YOU MOM! I LOVE YOU!" Taehyung showered his mother's cheeks with kisses as overflowing happiness and excitement filled his heart.

His happy face takes all the worries that Tianna is feeling, finally accepting that this is for the best.

or not?

---------------------------------------------------------

School is tiring me up so much. 😥
I really want to quit now. 🤒

Pray for my inner peace.

Love you. 💜