One

In the middle of the woods, far from the city where people breathe polluted air, a small house made of woods and bricks stood.

It looks like a house of a fairy, with flowers and trees surrounding it. The birds are happily flying around, singing a song that calms the hearts of those who hear them.

On a usual day, this place is enveloped with silence and serenity, for only one person lives here -- Luella. She's an old woman, around 70 years of age, who chose to live in the forest all by herself. Her children tried to convince her to live in the city with them, but she refused, saying that her heart belongs to the forest.

Today wasn't a usual one, for there are a lot of people running around the house, mostly children. Luella's daughter, Tianna and her husband Joseph, visited her with their three adorable children, Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung.

The three little angels keep on running around, giggling and laughing as they play tag. Jin, the oldest, has a fried chicken in his hand, as he runs in circle not wanting to be tagged. Namjoon hides behind a huge tree, constantly peeking to look where the seeker is. And little Taehyung, the youngest, with a balloon tied in his small arm, the seeker who can't keep up with his older brothers.

"Hyuungiie~" Taetae huffed some air to fill his small lungs. He's been running after his older brothers for a long time.

"You need to do better Taehyungie~" Jin stopped and looked at him. His face is full of ketchup from the fried chicken that he's been eating.

"Come here and tag me Taetae!" Namjoon shouted before quickly hiding again. He covered his mouth with his little hands to stiffle his giggles.

Taehyung pouted cutely. He slumped on the ground, both feet spread wide with his hands covering his eyes.

"But Taetae is tirwed." He mumbled, his voice hinting that he will cry any moment. The two older brother rushed to his side, afraid to see him burst into tears.

"Okay, I'll be the seeker Taehyungie. Just don't cry." Jin volunteered while Namjoon bobbed his head in agreement. The two boys know that they can't afford to make their youngest one cry. Hell will surely break loose if that happens.

With his hands still covering his face, Tae replied. "W-will you rweally rweplace Taetae?"

The two boys answered together as loud as they can. "Yes! YES!"

Upon hearing that, little Taetae stood, still pouting cutely. He wiped a small tear that escaped his eyes before finally smiling, his boxy smile.

"Catch me Hyungie~" the cunning child run like a baby tiger. His giggles sound like music to the ears of the people inside the house who are watching them with loving eyes.

"Rawrr! I'll eat you Taehyungie~" Jin started running after the little one. He imitates the sound of a dinosaur as he tries to approach baby tiger.

Meanwhile, the adults just laughed at their cuteness.

"You're really blessed to have such lovely children, Joseph and Tianna." Luella said after sipping her tea.

"Yes Ma. And you're a lucky grandma." Joseph uttered, smiling.

"We will visit you again next week Mom. The children enjoyed being here with you." Tianna stated before looking at the children who are now sitting on the ground.

Luella smiled as she did the same. She saw the three boys asking her to come to them with grabby hands.

"I guess it's story time." Luella muttered before going to the boys who are sitting in circle. Jin stood to help his grandma sit on a log before going back to his place.

"Are you ready to continue our story?"

The three nodded their heads over and over again. They were so excited to listen to the story of the wolf who once have everything, but loses it in a snap of a finger.

"Did wolfie die?" Taetae asked, already in the brink of crying.

"Of course! Wolfie's mate died so wolfie is surely dead too." Namjoon smartly muttered.

"And he fought a lot of bad wolfie. I don't think he survived." Jin agreed, making the youngest burst into tears.

"But I don't want wolfie to die!" Taetae whined before covering his eyes to prevent the tears from falling.

Luella smiled. Last week, when the family went to visit her, she told the boys about the life of an Alpha wolf and its Omega.

An Alpha is destined to be the leader of a pack. It's the strongest among the wolves. In a pack, there can only be one Alpha. If it so happens that an Alpha was born in a pack where there's already an Alpha, the new Alpha must challenge the reigning Alpha until one of them dies.

Being an Alpha is like being a king of your own kingdom. However, even the strongest can also have a weakness.

An Alpha is only destined to be mated with an Omega, the weakest among the wolves. A mated Alpha has to protect his Omega at all cost. If the Omega dies, the Alpha will eventually follow even if he doesn't want to. His body will weaken until his heart stops from beating.

An Omega, on the other hand, is the opposite. If the Alpha dies, the Omega will still continue on living. However, the Omega will have to live alone for the rest of its life.

Which one is more tragic? The life of an Alpha who dies with his Omega? Or that of an Omega, who stays alive but alone forever?

"Please don't let it die." Taetae sobbed, thinking about the Alpha who lost his Omega.

Luella patted the head of the little one. She smiled before speaking.

"Sometimes, even the law of nature can be broken."

"What do you mean grandma?" Namjoon asked, a bit confused.

"According to the legend, the Alpha who lost his Omega still roams around the forest. His howls continue to shake the other wolves in fear. Some say that his anger toward the wolves who killed his Omega let him live and defy the law of nature."

"Is that possible grandma? Isn't he supposed to die because his Omega is dead?" Jin asked, his small hands started caressing the youngest back to stop him from crying.

Luella just smiled knowingly before looking around the forest.

"Who knows? He can be dead, but he can also be alive...........

watching us from afar."

-----++++ 💜💜💜💜 ++++-----