Seven

6 years have passed by in a whim. Everyone tried living a normal life, all the while being careful not to mention anything related to that one particular incident that they wish to bury.

It's a normal Monday morning in the Kim's household with Tianna waking up early to cook for her boys and pack them meals for lunch.

Her little angels are no longer little. Jin, the oldest, is already 16 years old and a Senior student, Namjoon is 14 and a Junior student, and Taehyung, the youngest is 11, a freshman. All of them are currently studying in Hillcrest Academy, just a few blocks away from their home.

Tianna is busy setting up the table when Jin came down looking a bit sleepy from an allnighter he pulled last night to finish his project.

The oldest lazily went to his mother and kissed her cheek before mumbling a quick "Morning."

"Jin honey, please wake your brothers or they'll be late for school." Tianna gave Jin a tap on the shoulder to hopefully awaken his still hazed mind.

"Go honey." She instructed once more as she prepared their meal.

Jin slowly went up to the room, every step feels like hell as he forces himself to stay awake and not fall on the stairs.

He entered Namjoon's room first, forcefully opening the door, hoping to awaken the younger.

He walked near the bed and saw Namjoon's sleeping face. His whole body is covered in blanket.

"Namjoon-ah, wake up." He tried tapping the younger's shoulders with his hands.

"Namjoon-ah. You're going to be late." He tapped once more but the younger did not even flinch.

Jin is getting impatient every passing time. His tapping became harsher and his voice louder.

"NAMJOON-AH!" Jin shouted, kicking the younger's bum in annoyance.

"GET UP!"

Namjoon suddenly sits up straight from shock, his eyes wildy popping out.

"W-What the hell?" Namjoon stuttered in shock, clearly not yet understanding what's happening.

"Get the fuck up Joon. We're going to be late. Man, you should set your alarm clock. Why do I have to wake the two of you every morning?" Jin mumbled as he walks out of the room to go to his next target.

Namjoon scratched his head, finally standing up from his bed to follow his older brother out.

Jin lazily walked toward Taehyung's room. He turned the knob and pushed it open, revealing an empty bed.

"Tae?" The older called out as he stepped inside, immediately checking the bathroom.

"Taetae are you there?" He knocked a couple of times before opening the door.

Jin saw the youngest sumberged in the tub, playing with bubbles and suds.

"Hey there tiger, you're up early today." The oldest smiled fondly at the youngest who's enjoying his bath.

"Yes hyung, I set my alarm a bit earlier than usual." Taehyung smiled back, his hands busy scrubbing his arms and legs.

"Go downstairs once you're done. Mom cooked breakfast." Jin reminded before finally closing the door.

"Yes hyung!" Tae responded as he starts rapidly scrubbing his whole body with the towel and soap. He washed his face, neck and shoulder, stopping for a moment to stare at the ugly scar on his right shoulder, the real reason behind why he's up early.

Taehyung had been having bad dreams for the past few days. He always ends up waking in an ungodly hour, sweat covering his whole body as if he had run for hours. In his dream, he's alone in a dark forest when a huge animal attacked him, biting his right arm. He can't figure out what kind of animal attacked him because the image is always blurry and sometimes his dream will end in that exact moment. This dream kept on repeating over and over again as if it really happened in reality.

He sighed as he looked away from his scar and began rinsing his whole body with the warm water coming out of the shower.

Once done, Taehyung quickly took the towel to dry his hair and body and went out of the bathroom straight to his huge walk-in closet to get change.

Taehyung checks himself in front of the mirror before finally deciding to go down for breakfast.

He saw his mother alone in the kitchen, doing the finsihing touch for their lunch.

"Morning Mom." Tae gave a quick kiss to his mother before sitting.

"Where are the hyungs?" He asked as he starts eating his food.

Tianna closes the last lunch box before turning around to look at her youngest son.

"They're in their room, probably taking a bath." Tianna walks closer to her son upon noticing that he is not eating much.

"Honey, don't you have an appetite today? Eat this." She took an egg and placed it on Taehyung's plate.

The youngest smiled and uttered 'Thank you." He tried eating everything on his plate, making sure to not let his mother worry.

"Hey Mom..." Taehyung called out after finishing his food.

Tianna sits in front of her son and stared at his handsome face.

"Yes honey?"

"Uhm, how did I get the scar on my shoulder again?" He inquired, not noticing the sudden shock on Tianna's face.

".....Why do you ask sweetie? H-have you remembered?" Tianna looked at her son's deep brown eyes, hoping for him to say 'no'.

Taehyung shakes his head, "No Mom, I really can't remember."

Tianna almost stood in relief.
"Oh... then why do you ask?"

"Nothing, just curious." Taeyung shrugs his shoulders. He doesn't want to tell his mother about his dreams which seem to be real. He doesn't want her to worry over some petty things.

"Well....Just like what we told you before, you were playing with your brothers when you suddenly hit your shoulder on a sharp material." Tianna replied unable to look at her son, hands busy fumbling the linen on top of the table.

Tae stared at his mother, nodding his head. "Why can't I remember that?"

Tianna carefully puts her hands under the table, clasping them together tightly.

"Uh...you we're so young back then honey. It's normal that you don't remember." She smiled, finally getting up from her seat.

"Okay enough of those questions 'cause you're going to be late. Start moving honey and put your plate on the sink. I'll wash it later. Now go." Tianna forced her son to stand, patting his bum to keep him moving.

"Fine Mom. I'm going up to brush my teeth." Taehyung said as he walks upstairs to go to his room.

Inside the bathroom, as he stares in his reflection in the mirror, Taehyung keeps on thinking about the nightmares he had.

Why is he dreaming about it over and over again?

He slowly unbuttoned his uniform to reveal the ugly scar on his shoulder. He carefully traced his middle finger on the scar, feeling the swell on it.

Is it really from a simple accident he had when he was a child? or was it more than that?

Taehyung sighed, finally buttoning his uniform again. He took his tootbrush and begun brushing his teeth.

He has no time to think about the things that are not even real. His dreams may only be just a product of his imagination and nothing more.