"That would be nice, sweetie," mother replied with a smile. Illyasviel poured her some tea, a dumb smile was plastered on her face as she did so.

"Your etiquette has certainly improved," she observed, her ever-present smile widening a bit.

"Thanks, mommy!" Illyasviel said happily as her smile too widened and a giddy feeling welled up in her heart.

Suddenly, the doors to her room opened up with a bang, immediately tearing her attention to it.

Jubestachiet walked in, his ever-present scowl lighting up a tad bit as he laid eyes on Illyasviel. "Practicing etiquette, are we?" he inquired, his deep voice sounding only a tone lighter than usual.

"Y-Yes..." Illyasviel muttered, her gaze averting themselves from her grandfather and secretly looking at the place where mother was just a moment ago. Mommy...

The old man's expression hardened, his scowl defaulting back to its usual harshness. "However, when addressing someone, using childish titles such as "mommy" is not acceptable," he reminded. He paused as he emotionlessly scoured Illyasviel's room with his eyes before focusing back on her. "Change into the usual clothing and come to the training hall in 5 minutes, do not make me send for a maid again."

"Yes, grandfather," Illyasviel curtsied, her voice so dull and lifeless that it could make any man shiver.

Jubestachiet, not being a man, ignored her response and left her room, closing the doors shut.

Illyasviel stood there, her eyes looking at the cold floor. Tears started to well up in her eyes as her body shook in fright, her body wanting to flee but her mind knowing the consequences of even attempting to do so.

Suddenly, like so many other times, she felt warmth as mother hugged her small frame. "Tell me, my sweetie, do you hate him?" mother asked softly, her tone filled with sorrow.

"Y-Yes..." Illyasviel croaked as she let her tears fall. "I hate him... S-So much..."

"Be strong my little fairy, once this is over and you inevitably inherit the title of the head, you can kick him as many times as you want," mother gleefully supplied.

Illyasviel giggled a bit at her mother's suggestion, her eyes briefly producing tears of laughter. "You're so funny, mommy," she replied in equal glee.

"Anything to cheer you up, sweetie."

Suddenly, her mood dropped as she hugged mother's arms tighter. "Mommy... Why did daddy abandon us?" she asked quietly.

Mother hummed a familiar German tune, her tone sad and mellow as she nuzzled her chin on Illyasviel's head. "While that old bastard should die, what he said was true, your daddy doesn't love you anymore, nor does he love me..."

Tears welled up in Illyasviel's eyes again as she felt her knees wobble. "B-But d-d-dadd-dy s-said he w-would come for m-me!" she cried, her tone swelling with sorrow and anger.

"Shhh... Why don't you come to him and your new brother?" Mother started to rub Illyasviel's hair to calm her, her voice was motherly, uncharacteristically motherly.

Not realizing the oddness in mother's tone, Illyasviel used mother's arm to hide her tears. "T-That's not how it works!" she cried, her grip on mother's arm tightening once again. "Daddy said he would get me! B-But he hasn't..." As she finished, she turned around, and instead of facing away from mother, she buried her face into mother's cleavage.