Chapter 15: The Pain of Being Forgetten

I am free from the evil called homework!!

I was standing outside, looking at the door to my house and wondered how I should enter as I knew there was a freaked out Hal on the other side.

I just sighed. 'Might as well get it over with.' I thought and opened the door to face the inevitable.

As I predicted, I was immediately greeted with a giant hug by the Green Lantern. "I was so worried about you! I called you about 10 times! Why didn't you answer?!" He shouted at me with relief in his tone.

I looked at Hal and my eyes softened. Maybe I don't have Jiraiya or anyone else from my old world, but I still have the League.

I shook my head. "I saw someone I knew, but he didn't...remember me. I just got upset by that fact."

Hal looked at my face closely and then narrowed his eyes as he sniffed the air around me. "Were you...drinking?" He asked me as he could smell the alcohol on me.

I scratched the back of my head. "Just a little..." I knew that none of my friends liked it when I drink, especially alone.

Not only is it illegal, but the places I go to to get drunk are usually very shady at best, filled with dangerous customers, because I can't get my hands on any alcohol in a legal bar. Most sane people wouldn't get drunk in a place like that as most get taken advantage of or killed.

Hal raised his eyebrows and I groaned mentally as I knew a lecture was coming. "How many shots is 'just a little,' can I ask?"

I pretended to count on my fingers, just to give myself some time. Hal gave me 'the look'. "Tsunade!"

I raised an eyebrow. 'Wow, my full name. He's really not happy.' I sighed, then shrugged carelessly. "I stopped counting after 50."

The usually smiling hero wasn't smiling at the moment as he looked pretty pissed at me. "Over 50?! Are you kidding me?!"

I crossed my arms. "What is the big deal?! You know I can handle it. It's not like I'm going to die!"

The Lantern groaned. "That's not the point!"

I put a hand on my hips. "Then what is the point?!" Seriously, not even Shizune was this annoying about my drinking habits!

Hal narrowed his eyes at me. "The point is that alcohol doesn't solve a single thing! It may let you forget temporarily, but the problem will always come back to you! If you want to relieve the pain, then come to me or someone else! Stop turning to things that will only cause you health problems!"

I started to get pissed, too, but I don't know at who or what. "'Health problems', my ass! I can heal myself from the damages the alcohol causes! Stop worrying about me!"

Hal looked even angrier than before, which I didn't know was possible for him. "How can I not worry?! You're always so strong and filled with the pride of a warrior, but when I look at you now, all I can see is a pitiful and weak spirited little girl!!"

His words...they're breaking me, but he keeps going. "You act as if sharing your pain will break us! You act as if we'll be crushed by your burdens. We're not that weak!! Is it that hard to just tell us?!"

I put my hands over my ears. "Shut up! You know nothing about what I'm going through!!"

"It's exactly because I know nothing, that the rest of the league knows nothing, that I want you to tell one of us!!" Hal answered back with more rage. "Aren't we friends?! Have all the parties and hang outs been for nothing?! Did they mean anything to you?!"