Chapter 12: Another Source

I've decided to add Jiraiya, but Naruto is a maybe.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It was the beginning of the weekend when my phone started to ring and I looked at it to see who was calling me. It was my mom. I picked it up.

"Hey, mom."

"Hey, sweetie! I'm just calling to tell you that we'll be going to a charity party in a week, hosted by Bruce Wayne."

I rolled my eyes. Another one? "Okay..."

"Make sure you choose something to wear now and not at the last minute like last time."

I nodded my head. "I got it. Bye."

"Love you!"

"Love you, too." And the call ended.

Ugh! I hate those parties! It's filled with stuck up rich brats that's never been told 'no' before, and a bunch of adults that has the most plastic personalities I've ever seen!

Namely, Lex Luther. Seriously, it's feels like I'm with Orochimaru when I'm around him.

Not to mention, I have to wear a dress and have to act like a proper rich kid. I don't know how Bruce has put up his act for so long!!

I punched in some numbers and put the phone to my ear again. It clicked and the person I called answered.

"Hello?" Came Bruce's voice.

I raised my eyebrows. "Really? Another charity party? Can't you go at least 3 months without holding those?" I asked in exasperation.

He chuckles. "Sorry, but you know I can't."

I growled. "I hate you." And hung up.

I grabbed my wireless headphones and headed out the door for a little jog around the neighborhood while listening to music.

An hour later, I saw a familiar flying green figure above my head, so I decided to go to run straight back home.

I felt extremely annoyed when I saw Hal sitting on my couch.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I went to my kitchen to grab some snacks for the both of us.

I knew that if I only got some for me, he would just raid the fridge.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to say 'hi'." Hal answered back, his hands already coming for the crackers.

I rolled my eyes. What else is new?

I was about to tell him to leave when I saw his leg. There was a huge gash on it.

"Hey, Hal. Where did you get that?!" I asked as I pointed to his bleeding leg and began to heal it, my hands glowing green.

He winced with a guilty look. "On my way here, I saw an armed robbery. I defeated them without a problem, but one of the guys played possum on me and while I was distracted, he slashed my leg."

I raised an eyebrow. "And why didn't you tell me right away?!"

He gave me a scared look. "It's just a little cut! I could fix it up myself!"

I glared at him. "'Juts a little cut' my ass! When will you idiots ever learn?! Even a small cut can lead to something deadly if left untreated!!"

Jeez! I may as well be working in the Konoha hospital with ninjas hiding their injuries to avoid treatment left and right!

My eyes saddened as I thought of my old home. My hands continued to glow green as the image of the Konoha hospital began to form in my head.