Chapter 10: Stealing Data

I took out Bruce's program he gave me a couple months back. It lets me to install a hidden virus into the LexCorp software and cancel out his security for an hour, including the cameras.

I ran from Starling City to Metropolis, which, I can tell you, is very tiring for someone with short legs and low chakra reserves.

With a black version of my hero suit and fox mask on, I sat on the rooftop in the middle of the night of an apartment that allowed me to see the entrance of LexCorp. I waited until I saw Lex Luther and his cyborg bodyguard leaving the building and smiled as it was a chance.

I now only need to get passed the security guards.

I took off my fox mask and took out a gas mask for me and a tiny container that contains a gas that hits the central nervous system and causes nausea to the enemy for an hour.

Sleeping gas would only make things suspicious for the others as they might be alert that the security guards for the entrance, the most visible place, were sleeping on the job. Especially since Lex Luther only hires the best that would never do that unless someone put something in their system.

I put on the gas mask and pushed the button on the container. I then thew it near the guards, who didn't notice it, and the gas starts spewing out. They breathed it in and started to run towards inside to the bathroom to puke.

I smirked. Well, that went well. I took off the gas mask and put my fox mask back on then snuck in and installed the virus in the security pad that was near the entrance, which started spread to the rest of the building.

I looked at the map Bruce gave me of the LexCorp building and saw the directions to his office.

I then focused chakra at my feet and walked up the walls and onto the ceiling. I started to sneak around and going from floor to floor using the stairways until I got to a door in which you need a key card to open.

Argh! This is more of Bruce's field! I looked around and found a guard whistling and looking around. My eyes wandered to his hips where a key card dangled.

Since it's not the entrance and he seems to be the only one in this area, this security guard dozing off for a few minutes shouldn't be much of a problem.

I switched my fox and gas mask again and slowly started to release sleeping gas. I made sure not to release it all at once since I'm pretty sure immediate sleep would cause suspicion once he woke up.

He started to yawn. "Man, I'm so tired! Well, there doesn't seem to be any problems today, so I'm sure the boss won't mind if I doze off for a few minutes." With that, he started to lie down on the floor and went to sleep. Then, I switched masks again.

I soundlessly dropped to the floor and walked over to the sleeping man. Taking the key card from his waist, I swiped it on the panel to open the door.

I walked over to Lex's office and went over to his desk where his computer sat. I turned it on and when it asked for a password, I remembered the lessons I got from Bruce on hacking and started to break into his system.

With the virus I imputed to the security, there wasn't a single alert. I took out a USB flash drive, and stuck it into the laptop and began to download the contents of the laptop into the flash drive.

When the little downloading icon reached 100%, I took out the flash drive and turned the computer off. I swiped the key card and the door opened again and I left the room, giving the key card back to the security guard and immediately headed for the rooftops, taking the ceiling so that I won't be caught by anyone.

I opened the door to the rooftop, stepped through it, and closed it. Walking towards the edge of the building, I pumped chakra to my legs jumped from building to building and landed in the alley ways.