Chapter 5: 2010

2 years later - 2010

It's been 2 years since I've been the JL's doctor. I became well acquainted with every member as they were all eventually a patient during some point, except for Superman, but he shows up time to time with Batman to check up on things, or to bring in another patient.

After some time, I was even gifted with their secret identities. I have to say, I'm a little flattered as I knew Batman, who did it in secrecy, doesn't show people what's under his mask unless he really trusts the person.

Captain Marvel, or Billy Batson, also secretly revealed himself to me without the others knowing, begging me to keep it a secret in fear he'll be kicked out of the League due to his age.

I agreed, as I keep it my policy to never reveal private information about a patient unless given permission.

In return, I told them about my chakra and what it was. I completely left out the reincarnation part and told them it's something I was born with, so I don't know how I got it.

I'm pretty sure they were curious on how I know so much about it, but they thankfully didn't ask.

But I eventually got annoyed with this job. It seems that the League believes that since I'm their doctor, they can come to me for treatment for EVERY LITTLE DAMN THING!!!

Like just last week...

Flashback

I was in bed since it was 4 in the morning. My parents were doing an overnight shift. I woke up to the noise of a doorbell. I grumbled in annoyance as I got up and opened the door.

"Hey, Tsu!" A raspy voice called out, then coughed. I had a tick mark on my head as I knew the only person who calls me 'Tsu'.

"What do you want, Hal?" I rudely snapped as I got up at 4:00 for this clown.

"Now, now...I just wanted to come to you about my cold." Hal waved his hands in a defensive motion, trying to explain his reasoning for coming here.

I then released a wave of my women's wrath and a black and red aura surrounded me. "Are you telling me that you woke me up for a fucking cold?!"

He started to sweat. "Maybe...? It's been active for a week now, so..."

I punched him. "Then go to a normal doctor!" I sighed. This wasn't the first, nor will it be the last, time this has happened, so I'm pretty much used to it now.

I dragged the whining man to my secret room to examine him, just in case. He was complaining that I punched too hard and sniffled fake tears.

Flashback end

Apparently, since I'm free and doctors cost money, they go to me for every little problem to save money. Instead of cash, they pay me with migraines.

And they also think that since I'm technically part of the League, that I'm their friend or something.

Flashback

I was working out in the gym at my house when I heard the doorbell ring.

I put a towel around my neck and dabbed off a little sweat off my forehead, then went to the front, opened the door, and saw Barry. He gave me a smile and a wave. "Hey, squirt!"

It was my nickname for him. He stubbornly refused to change it, no matter how many trees I punch him through.

I grumbled at the sight of him. He's like a mixture of Jiraya and Naruto. Thank god he's not a pervert.

"What do you want?" I said as we sat down on the couch.

He made himself comfortable. "Nothing, really. Just came to hang out!"

I gave him an irritated look. "I'm your doctor, not your BFF! Come to me when there's something wrong with you! Not that there usually isn't!"

He gave a pout. "Come on! I bet your a little lonely for being alone all the time! Besides, we are friends! You just can't admit it!"

Barry gave a mischievous smile. "It's so adorable how stubborn you are!" Then hugged, more like squished, me like he was an overbearing father or something.

I gave him a nice punch to the head. "Ow!" Barry exclaimed while rubbing the bump he sported on his head.

After, I started to head to my room to change. "If you want to hang out so bad, then let's go to the movies! But you're paying for the tickets and the food!"

"Ok!"

Flashback

For some odd reason, they don't treat me like the 10 year old I am. They treat me as an equal...like I'm an adult. Well, except for Barry, who sometimes treats me as his daughter.

I wonder why that is? I mean, even though I'm mature, a child is still a child. That's how everyone thinks, since people don't usually reincarnate.

But I have to admit, ever since I decided to become part of the League, I became a lot less lonely.

I go out more often and have more fun, not that I'll admit that to them. I'm banned from the bowling alley due to me accidentally using too much strength and destroying the wall above the pins with a bowling ball.

Billy was extremely excited about hanging out with someone his age that knows his secret and takes me to an arcade almost every week.

It seems the JL is keeping me a secret from their sidekicks, saying that they knew I wanted less people knowing about me. How sweet and thoughtful of them.

In case of an emergency, they gave me a mask and a suit. They also told me to choose a hero name. I chose the name "Panacea", as in the goddess of universal health.

Right now, I'm just drinking coffee with Bruce in an abandoned playground, sitting on the bench. He called me here, saying he wanted to talk to me about something.

"What is it you wanted to say to me, Bruce?" I asked as I sipped more of my drink.

He looked at me with a serious expression. "I'm sure you know about the incident in Cadmus."

I nodded yes. "Not much about the details. What about it?"

"Wally, Dick, and Kaldur secretly took on a mission to investigate the Cadmus lab and it seems that Cadmus was creating a Superman clone." He revealed to me.

'What?!' I did a spit take in surprise. Bruce threw me an unimpressed stare.

I started to choke a little, coughing out the extra coffee still stuck in my lungs. "What?!"

He nodded, confirming he's telling the truth. "Yes, but the situation is that the clone was still in the process of growing and now looks like the teenage version of Clark."

I rubbed my temples, already thinking about the headaches this will cause in the future. "But that's not all, is it?"

He looked ahead at the trees. "It's not. The three that went on the mission and the clone decided to form a team for covert operations. We're also including J'onn's niece."

I already knew where this was going. "And now that they are in a team and official heroes, going on missions by themselves, you want to introduce them to me in case if something happens." I concluded and he nodded in confirmation.

I sighed and leaned back on the bench. "Ok, but I'll introduce myself to them as Panacea, not Tsunade."

"That's what I thought you would say." Came the annoying answer and rolled my eyes. Of course he knew. Batman knows all except for my past life.

I smirked. "Yeah, well, I've been thinking of putting that costume you gave me to use, so when do I meet them?"

To be continued...