Chaptee 8: A Bad Day

2 weeks later...

I woke up and saw my parents leave a note on the table.

Left for work early. There's French toast on the table. Enjoy. —Mom and Dad

I ate then went outside to my backyard and began practicing with my senbons before school started. I didn't want my skills with them to deteriorate as it's one of the few long range skills I have. I put up four targets about 20 feet back.

I took out four senbons, twisted my body a little as I jumped high into the air, and began spinning a few times before I threw the weapons at the target. I landed gracefully back on the ground and smirked in satisfactory when I saw that I got a bullseye in each and every one of them.

I was about to throw another set when I got a call from Bruce. I put the phone to my ear. "What is it? Oh, and by the way, do you know anyone who can drive me to school?"

"You're not going to school today. Green Arrow and Black Canary got attacked by an android and is calling for backup. It sounded like an emergency and we need you to come in case if we need immediate medical attention. I'll cover for you and make something up." He answered, getting straight to the point.

I narrowed my eyes and nodded, running back inside to my secret room where my suit is. "Where?"

"In Litchfield County. I'm in front of your house with the batmobile right now, so you don't have to waste your energy getting there. You might need it."

I put the county name into my memories and started to put my suit and mask on. "I'll be outside as fast as I can." I then hung up.

I went outside and found the batmobile and went inside. Batman greeted me with a nod and sped off towards our destination.

When we got there, we saw that Superman, Flash, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Atom got here before us. They engaged the android in battle while I stood on the side as I thought it was a good idea to wait until they really need me so I can save enough energy to heal my friends.

After 10 minutes, it was obvious something was wrong when the android started to copy and use the League's abilities. I felt very uneasy by this because it reminded me of the Uchiha Clan.

"Access: Superman." The android voiced out before he started to speed towards Oliver and swing his fists at him. Oliver was sent flying 15 feet away.

I widened my eyes as I knew how much damage Clark's strength could do. "Green Arrow!" I ran towards him as Atom fired an energy blast at the android. I sat down and began scanning him; 3 broken ribs and a couple of bad bruises.

I started to heal him and 30 seconds later, I was only able to mend 2 of the ribs and took care of most of the bruises until Oliver stopped me. "Stop. This isn't my worse injury, so don't worry about me. Save your powers for later." And with that, he rejoined the fray.

4 hours later...

After a little while, it was extremely hard for me to stay at the sidelines, only running when someone got seriously hurt, while I watched the League struggle, but I knew it would only make things worse if the android copied my abilities and fighting style, too.

When they finally were able to defeat it, the ones who weren't seriously injured began dismantling it while I started to heal the rest, even though I started to feel a little lightheaded from using so much of my chakra.

I gritted my teeth in frustration as in my past life, I wouldn't even be that fazed from all of this, but now, my chakra reserves are much smaller due to my age. And it sucks that I can't summon Katsuyu.

While dismantling it, Bruce noticed that the android's design was similar to Professor Ivo's previous works. We were all shocked by that as we all thought Ivo was dead a long time ago.

After a few minutes of discussing on what we should do with the parts, my exhaustion started do a number on me as I began to shake a little to stay awake.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulders. It was Batman. He gave me a reassuring nod. "Stop. I can tell you're very tired. You've done enough. I'll drive you back home so you can rest up."

I gave him a grateful, but tired smile and passed out into someone's arms.

——————————————————————

I woke up in my room, feeling a lot better and immediately checked the time. I've been asleep for about 6 hours. I still felt pretty weak and had a bad headache, but that nap helped a lot.

I called Bruce and he picked up. "How are you, Tsunade?" He asks me before I could open my mouth.

I smiled at the concern. "I'm fine. The nap really helped. Anyways, did you guys decide on what we should do with the android parts?"

"Yeah. We decided to send them to two separate STAR Labs facilities. We have decoy trucks in case if someone tries to take them and we're have the covert team guard them. You don't have any orders other than to rest up."

I smiled a little at the mention of that team. They really grew up during their first official mission in Santa Prisca a little less 2 weeks ago. Even though there were many failures and mistakes in it, I knew that they learned a lot from that experience.

I was very impressed on how they quickly adapted to a new plan and how they worked together. At that time, I thought that perhaps Hal was right. Perhaps there is hope for this team.

I nodded. "Okay." I was about to hang up when Bruce started to talk again.

"By the way, Hal and Barry are coming over. They were worried about you...and also very bored without you. They might be extra loud and annoying. Just warning you ahead of time."

I slapped my forehead. "Great. Not only do I have to deal with my headache, but now, I have to deal with two more giant headaches? Yay..."

"Good luck." And then he hung up. I could practically feel that Bruce was trying hard not to laugh.

I heard the doorbell ring and I sighed at my unavoidable doom.

To be continued...