Chapter 9: Senku vs Tsukasa

Start from the beginning

Tsukasa pressed the spear closer to Yuzuriha, not enough to draw blood yet.

"Yes, but before that... How about telling me the recipe of the petrification revival formula?"

Senku stared at Tsukasa and Yuzuriha intently from the corner of his eye, the spear was on Yuzuriha's neck now. Lalaine and Athena can't do anything, one wrong move and it will cost the life of Yuzuriha.

Senku, all of a sudden, smirked darkly. His hand on the back of his neck.

"... Sorry, but I guess I'm not as nice as you are. I'm the type that can only think about what's most logical and efficient."

Senku faced Tsukasa fully, eyes closed and shrugging.

"And besides, I haven't got even a millimeter of interest in the life of that one woman there. There's plenty of females left to pick from..."

Without a warning, Tsukasa chopped off a good amount of Yuzuriha's hair. Yuzuriha was surprised at the quick motion as she couldn't even react. 

Senku, Lalaine and Athena's eyes widened.

Tsukasa lowered his spear.

"It's useless trying to bargain like that, Senku. After all, you didn't bury Yuzuriha. The very best, most efficient way would have been to keep her petrified and bury her somewhere far off and away. That way she'd never be used as a hostage against you. There's no way that your brain won't be able to figure out something that even I could. But still, you didn't. Was it for Taiju? Or was it for Yuzuriha? Most likely even, it was for both..."

Senku was sweating nervously now, along with the two girls beside him.

'Tsukasa has figured it out.'

Tsukasa was remembering the time when he was still a professional fighter, competing and winning matches left and right.

"You may say you act out of what's most efficient and logical for you, but you have precious best friends here, I have an endless amount of followers and fans. But not one human that is important to me."

"That is why, Senku." Tsukasa smirked at him. "This is my victory."

The tension was broken by Yuzuriha, Lalaine and Athena's giggles.

Yuzuriha was holding and admiring her new hair cut.

"That's actually a huge relief... Washing your hair in this world is such a hassle... Cutting it short's the way to go." 

Yuzuriha held up the sharpened rock of Tsukasa's spear, pointing it close to her neck.

For some reason, Lalaine and Athena wee still smiling to themselves.

Yuzuriha looked at her childhood friend, trying to put on a brave face.

"You can't tell him, Senku! As long as you haven't told him the recipe for the revival formula. He won't be able to kill you!"

Lalaine and Athena's grins only grew wider, finally taking this as an opportunity to reveal why they were doing so.

Athena was the one who spoke up.

"I can't believe you just said that, Yuzuriha!" Athena had a confident look, "Because as long as Ana is here, Tsukasa won't be able to do that. Have some faith on your friend here."

Tsukasa glared at Athena.

"How can you be so sure I won't be able to kill Senku as long as Ana's here? She's nowhere to be seen right now."