Chapter 9: Senku vs Tsukasa

Začať od začiatku

Three consecutive loud explosions stopped him on his tracks. Tsukasa looked to the source of the sounds as he saw a black smoke rising through the air.

"That's right." Tsukasa steadied himself, "So then that means back then already, Senku and Ana have already foreseen that they would be fighting me in the future with gunpowder..."

Lalaine and Athena dropped the woods they've collected beside the fire that Senku already made.

"Where's my..."

Senku cleared his throat.

"Where's Ana? Isn't she with you when you three ran off to get some woods?" He asked, not even sparing a single glance to the two girls.

Athena rolled her shoulder, not giving much care to anything else. Likewise.

"Well, yeah but... She ran deeper into the forest. She told us not to follow her." Athena exhaled, "Ah damn, those woods are heavy."

Lalaine gave her a confused look, "Most of what Ana and I can carry is heavy for you, what's the difference with this? They're, like, sticks."

Athena was about to protest at that when Tsukasa appeared right behind them, holding Yuzuriha as hostage, glaring dangerously at Senku.

Lalaine and Athena were immediately on guard, though they know it wouldn't help them. This guy killed a lion with his bare hands, no chance at all for the people currently present in the area. And if Ana couldn't take care of him, then they sure as hell won't ever be able to.

Senku glanced at Tsukasa from the corner of his eye, already expecting his arrival. 

He stood up.

"'If a weapon of science should enter the scene...'" He looked at him with a provoking smirk, his back turned to him, "'Then I would cease to be at the pinnacle of power as the strongest!' From here, all it looks like is you whining like a baby like that... Tsukasa."

Athena shared at him in disbelief, internally panicking inside.

'What the FUCK are you doing? Don't provoke him without your girl- I mean, Ana anywhere nearby yo- US!'

Lalaine was thinking the same. If it comes down to that scenario, they would have to use her and Athena's 'Special Skill: Let Someone Else Handle It!'

Tsukasa hummed nonchalantly.

"Mmm, it does not matter to me how you choose to perceive it. If you create science's weapon and the former era is revived, wars will once again begin over the vested interest of men and just like that, we'll be thrown back onto the corrupted, stained and sullied world. In order to keep that from happening, I'll do what ever it takes, and use force even if necessary."

Senku sent a taunting smirk to Tsukasa.

Athena and Lalaine were now sweating nervously as they heard his chuckle

"So then it's 'I've gotta kill Mr. Science Man Senku!'. You're too kind. Even all of America weeps at the charity of your decision for capital punishment."