- 31 -

A/N: it's been really hard to find time to write. Hope you guys understand!

- Aries -

After Libra died, Gemini started dating some girl named Ashlynn, but they broke up a month later. Gem completely shut down after that. We had lost Libra, and then her girlfriend broke up with her.

We talk sometimes. She tells me that I'm the only one she's been confiding in. I don't wanna ruin what we have now, but I'm so in love with her. There's no way I can be any more hurt than I am without her, so I'm gonna make a move one last time.

If it doesn't work, then maybe it is time to stop. If it does, well, I'll be the happiest man alive, I don't care about how cheesy it sounds.

I raise my fist to knock on the door, but my stomach twists and turns with butterflies. I put my hand back down. Should I knock? I don't know.

Her car isn't even here. Maybe she isn't home.

I feel regret fill my head when I knock. The sound reaches my head before my ears. I can feel my heart pound in my ears, in my throat. I'm more scared than I've ever been.

She opens the door a minute later, her hair ruffled. "Sorry, I was napping. I'm a little messy,"

"Oh. I don't mean to interrupt you. I'll go home," I say. I pray to God that she lets me leave.

"Oh, no. It's okay. I'm awake anyway. Come in?" She says it like a question, like she's not sure.

"I'm not sure what I'm doing here," I say. "Can I just say it out here?" I put my hands in my pocket. Beads of sweat form on my hands, and I feel the sweat soak into my jeans.

"Of course. Is everything okay? Are you sure you don't wanna come in?"

"Gemini, no. I can't."

"Jesus, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Everything's wrong. I really don't fucking no anymore, Gem. You're all I think about and it pisses me off because I know you don't feel the same. You're the first thing I think about in the morning and the last at night, and everything in between. You have me wrapped around your finger and you know it. God, Gem, I'm so fucking in love with you. I'm so in love that I can't breathe. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I'm so in love with you," I let out an exasperated breath and tug at my hair, not even realizing that I took my hands out of my pockets.

I see tears well up in her eyes. She takes my hand. She opens her mouth. I shut my eyes tightly.

"Don't say it." I say. "I knew it was a mistake coming here, I should've stayed at home. You don't get how much I love you. I don't -"

It comes as a shock, when our lips connect. It knocks me back, but I retreat quickly and wrap my arms around her waist. I smile, my lips still against her. She pulls away, but I pull her back and kiss her again for another minute or two, I don't know. I lose track of time. I lose all sense to speak when we finally pull away and look at each other.

I keep my hands around her waist, and her fingers clutch my shirt.

"I'm so in love with you," I say quietly. My heart drops to my stomach when I see her lips turn up in a smile, but it's the good type of feeling.