- 2 -

- Sagittarius -

I slip off the periwinkle colored bridesmaid dress and hang it up. I change into a t-shirt and pajama shorts, letting out a sigh as I flop onto my bed. 

Weddings are the worst. I guess the wedding is the okay part, but afterwards, it sucks. I have nobody to curl up in bed and snuggle with. Nobody to say I love you to at night. 

I go to sleep hoping that somebody might come knocking at my door and sweep me off my feet. Fairy tales just don't come true, I guess. 

I wake up feeling much better than I did last night. I definitely still feel exhausted, and there is mascara smeared on my pillow.

I change my pillow sheet and make my bed, sitting on it with my computer in hand.

I decide to look at jobs. I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have a job, and I can barely afford to live in my apartment. It's time to make a change.

I scroll through. I can hardly find anything.

I pause when I reach something that can potentially work. Potentially.

There's a whole website with endless paragraphs regarding this, with warnings and claims. It seems pretty normal considering it's a chaotic place.

I bite my nails - or what's left of them - debating on whether or not to apply to the school filled with those who are Ophiuchus.

Here's a little bit of background.

Two years ago, we had a bit of a problem at Zodiac's Academy. The first Ophiuchus joined, creating chaos where chaos didn't belong.

Eventually - two years later - Zodiac's Academy was shut down and a new school, Element's Horizon, was opened.

All people who have the ophiuchus sign are sent to EH. It's a place dedicated to containing their chaos and training them to control it.

Ophiuchus studies there herself, and eventually, just like the rest of us signs, she will become a leader.

I copy the address into my navigation app and change into seemingly professional clothes; black khaki pants and a white tanktop with a black blazer on top. I leave one button unbuttoned and slip on some black heels.

I drive to the school with my heels off, then slip them on when I get there. Deep breath. We're good.

I walk into the school and find the office. I knock. A little while later, the glass door opens.

"Hi, I'm here to apply for a teaching position," I say, a bright smile on my face. Keep your posture. I have to remind myself sometimes because I shut out Virgo's reminders.

"Wonderful. Come on in!" She says sweetly. I smile and come in.
As she walks to her seat, she introduced herself, "I'm Karen Welsh, principal of Element's Horizon. You are...?"

"Sagittarius," I hold out my hand and shake hers.

"Ah, I thought you looked familiar. You used to work with Ophiuchus, correct?"

"Yes, correct. You've done your research!" That was unprofessional. I shouldn't have said that. Her expression changes, but she keeps her smile.

"Well, research is crucial. Speaking of, Im assuming you have researched a bit in order to figure out whether or not you're suitable for this job, am I correct?"

"You are. I love working as a teacher, and I truly think I can handle this position."

She nods. "I will give you the application. Please make sure to read through everything to ensure that you are comfortable with all the... Perks that teaching here comes with. As a forewarning, I should tell you it will not be easy - working here, I mean."

"I understand. I'm up for the challenge, and it's one of the main reasons I want to come here."

She raises an eyebrow. "Alright, then! You can send your application in PDF form," she hands me a card with her name, number, and email on it. "...Or you can bring it to me by hand. Whatever works best for you!"

"Thank you for your time!" I say. "I will have it in as soon as I can."

She smiles. I give her a thumbs up. Thumbs up? So much for being professional.