- 22 -

- Gemini -

How does it feel to be rejected?

Shitty. Really shitty.

The thing is when you get rejected you can turn away and never look back. That is unless the person who rejected you is your boss.

Despite being rejected by my boss, I have to go back to work the next day. I can't call in sick, because then I won't get paid and I'm barely keeping up with the bills as it is.

She practically avoids me the whole day.

"What can I get you today?" I ask the couple sitting before me, their eyes focused on the menus.

"I'll take the shrimp cocktail," the woman perks up.

"That's too expensive," the guy says.

"I'll pay for myself," she suggests.

"Get something different," he says.

"I want the shrimp cocktail," she says.

"I'll give you some more time to decide," I say.

"No, I don't need more time,"

"You always act like you own everything! You want what you want and you want it right away! How hard is it to pick something else?" The man yells.

"Oh! I see! You're still going on about the Lauren situation!"

"She isn't your kid, she's mine. It's not your place to decide what happens to her!" He stands up.

"Sir, please sit," I say, retaining from calling Emily.

"It's always your way or the highway," he says angrily.

"I just wanted to have some control in my life," she says.

"It's not just your life you're messing with. It's multiple!" He retorts.

I sink back in realization as they continue arguing. I've been so selfish, acting like I can have both Aries and Emily, messing with them like my own playtoys.

I never even thought to consider what Emily's been going through with her breakup, or how Aries feels about having to see me despite what I've put him through.

So yeah, it's shitty to be rejected, but you know what's worse? Me. I'm pretty shitty.

(Quick A/N: for you gemini fans i know I barely do her pov and im trying to include her more but it's difficult bc there are so many other things going on. She won't be in too many chapters, but she will get a proper ending as will the rest of them)

- Taurus -

The doorknob turns and the door swings open. "Can you help me with these bags?" Cancer asks. She's basically stumbling, four bags on her arms.

"Yeah, sure," I rush over to her and take two from her. "Why did you buy so much? We don't have the budget for this," I say. She takes me to her office, where she'll be studying for law school for the next few years.

"I decided since we're trying at a baby, I don't need law school right now," she says. I stare at the empty room.

"Where is everything?" he asks.

"I sold all the furniture. We're gonna need some space for our baby," she says, dropping the bags. "...and since I'm already pregnant, I bought some paint to turn this into his or her room,"

He puts the bags down and turns to me, a shocked expression on his face. "You're pregnant? You're pregnant!?" he smiles big.

"I am indeed, pregnant,"