- 21 -

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating as frequently :(

- Virgo -

A few days later, my phone rings and Scorpio's name showed up. I thought it was false hope when I decided to keep his number on my phone, but here he is calling me.

I answer quickly, trying to contain myself.

"Unfortunately, I love you," he says. "Which means it's hard for me to be without you. So here's what's going to happen. I'm going to come over in ten minutes and you're gonna explain to me why the hell you almost accused me of sexual assault,"

"Ok," I say quietly. He hangs up.

I'm in shock.

For the next few minutes I occupy myself with cleaning and doing my hair to make sure I don't overthink.

Eventually, the doorbell rings. I open and he comes in, walking right past me and to the dinner table. He pulls out both chair's and sits, then makes a signal with his hand for me to sit.

I sit down and pull my chair in so close to the table that it's pushing into my stomach. It's the only way to keep my vomit down.

"I have a past of sexual assault," I begin, ready to lay my blanket of lies down, "When you did that, it shocked me and-"

"Don't give me that bullshit. You know who I am, you know you're safe with me. Tell me the truth," he says, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed.

I stare at him, gaping. What now? I didn't plan this. "I've just been having a hard time,"

"Do you love me?"

"What?"

"Do you love me?" He asks louder.

"Of course,"

"So why are you lying to me?" He asks, his voice dropping many octaves.

I swallow the lump in my throat, feeling just about ready to vomit.

"I'm not,"

"Yes you are!" He yells, standing up. He exhales slowly. "If you don't tell me what's going on in the next five minutes, we're done. For good,"

"Okay, okay. Fine,"

He sits down. His eyes catch my hand. "That's my ring," he whispers, staring at the ring on my fourth finger.

I quickly slip it off and slide it over to him. "I'm sorry, it just reminded me of you and it was what I needed to get-"

"It's okay," he says softly, staring at the ring in front of him. "Tell me what happened, Virgo," he takes the ring between his pointer finger and his thumb. He twirls it between his fingers, avoiding my eyes.

"Look at me," I say, my heart beginning to race. He looks up, his piercing blue eyes meeting mine. My heart races faster. "I hope you love me enough to understand why I did it."

"You're scaring me," he says. He stops twirling the ring and simply holds it with his two fingers.

"I love you so much, and I hope you love me enough to forgive me. Whatever you saw wasn't a bruise. It was a hickey,"

He stares at me. "I don't understand,"

"It was a hickey," I shut my eyes tightly then open them again.

"Tell me you're not saying what I think..."

"I slept with a guy,"

"Once?"

My breath hitches in my throat, "Eighteen times,"

He continues to stare at me. I expect cold, but it's a hurt look.

He stands up. "You told me-"

"I'm sorry," I say, standing up with him.

"No! You told me you were scarred! I waited years for you. Years! I understood you. I was there for you. I loved you. You were supposed to be there for me, too. You are selfish, you're disgusting," he swallows hard. "I can't believe you. You're disgusting,"

"Scorpio, please,"

"You are disgusting. I never even thought about any other girl. I never stared at any girl or wished you'd sleep with me. No, I was patient. You know what's really disgusting?"

I close my eyes, tears running down my cheeks. I open them again and look at him. He closes his fist around the ring.

"I wanted to marry you," he says, true hatred in his voice. "That's what's disgusting,"

"Scorpio, please!" I say as he turns to leave. He walks out the door. I follow him. Once we're outside, he turns to me, opening his fist to reveal the ring.

"You see this?" He asks. "Watch it,"

He turns on his heel and throws the ring.

"We're done,"