- 27 -

- Taurus -
I go up to the room I got and take my phone out. I call Scorpio. As I suspected, it's goes straight to voicemail.

Five calls later, a voice finally snarls at me through the phone, "What?" He says bitterly.

"What room are you in?"

"Excuse me?"

"Tell me your room number or I'll knock on every door until I find you."

"You have no-"

"What is your fucking room number?"

"3.491."

"Thank you."

I hurry to the third floor, then I find room 491. I knock hard. He answers right away.

I walk in past him and he closes the door. "What are you doing here?" He scolds.

I look around. It's a wreck, plastic cups everywhere and a broken bottle or two. His hair is oily, and the room reeks.

"What are you doing here?" He repeats.

"You smell like alcohol. You've been drinking?" I ask.

"Taurus, do you not see the fucking alcohol everywhere? Yes I've been drinking,"

"Damn, you idiot!" I yell at him, slapping his arm.

"Don't touch me!" He raises his fist and prepares to hit me, but I grab his fist before he can do anything.

"Stop," I say sternly.

"Stop what?" He folds his arms across his chest.

"Stop acting like this,"

"Oh, sorry, mother," he says.

"I'm serious. You can't cut everyone out of your life whenever you feel like this and lean on alcohol. You hadn't drank in two years. What have you done to yourself?"

He says nothing.

"We are your fucking family. Like it or not, we are what you have!"

"Virgo was supposed to be my family, but she let me down. How the fuck do I know that you guys won't?"

"Don't you think Virgo felt let down when you came home drunk that one time a couple years ago? Don't you remember how you loved her so much that you begged her to forgive you, you told her you'd change? Don't you remember how she did forgive you and how she helped you become sober?"

"Don't you remember how she cheated on me?" He raises his voice.

"I don't know why she cheated on you. I have no fucking idea. What I do know, though, is that she called me crying because you're her everything. She wanted me to check on you because she loves you, and she never wants you to get hurt,"

"Well, you can tell her that I am hurt. I am so, so hurt. I'm not as hurt that she cheated as I am about how much I love her. I love her so much and that is why it hurts,"

"I'm sorry, Scorp,"

"Don't be fucking sorry. I'm sick of everybody being sorry. That shit means nothing to me," he lies on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "My sobriety is gone, and so is she."

"She isn't gone,"

"Yes she is!" He yells. "I'm never gonna be able to get over it. You know, sometimes I wish she had never told me. I'll never be able to look at her without seeing what she did,"

"You can get your sobriety back,"

"It's pointless,"

"No, it's not. Please, I don't want to see you suffer like this,"

"I'll suffer more if I'm sober."

"You can confide in me, and you can go to therapy. You can go to rehab, and maybe even-"

"Stop!" He exclaims. "I don't want to hear this. I need this. Hand me that vodka,"

"No,"

"Taurus, hand me the drink or I'll get up and get it myself. Either way, I'm getting it,"

I bite my tongue gently, trying to not yell. I give him the vodka and watch him carefully as he screws the lid open and chugs the bottle. My heart breaks for him with every sip.