"DAD!" I yelled and screamed as my fist pounded against the window. My innocent nine-year-old brain hoped that somehow he would hear me. He was now walking toward his blitzer parked in front of the building, so I banged again...louder, angrier. "You can't leave me with her!" I shouted trying to push my fist through the window.

"Aya, shut the hell up! You've woken up your baby sister." My mother entered, waving her fist in the air like a madwoman. "What is wrong with you?" She grabbed a handful of my hair dragging me down the hallway.

"I want to live with Dad!" I yelled, breaking away from her.

"Well, you can't. Grow up!"

"Grow up! Grow up! Grow up!"

The words "grow up" echoed around inside my head, abruptly waking me up. It wasn't like the dreams of the future I was accustomed to. Instead, it was just a bad memory. I hated how easily I could fall asleep.

"What?" I asked, looking around, but everyone was staring at me like I had just lost my mind.

Rayne turned her head toward my direction. "No one said anything. You must have been dreaming."

I blinked twice. "Yeah, probably."

The blitzer collided against the grass and mud. The doors opened as I right when I finally regained my composure.

The restraints popped off. I hopped out, rubbing my sore wrists. My feet touched the soft grass. It looked as if we were in the middle of nowhere, just like in the dream I had when Brennan and I were being taken to the dyeing center. 

A giant tree's long arms twisted around each other and dropped dark mocha leaves onto the base of its wide trunk. A cloud of fog drifted into the blue and purple sky. It was still the purest land I had ever seen. A looming gate appeared out of nowhere in the distance, scaring and amazing almost every passenger. I thought it was beautiful.

"Holy laser balls." Soren's eyes widened.

As the gate opened, I saw a ring of bright greenery, home to about ten buildings. The ring contained a body of smooth teal colored water that shone under the sun. Directly in front of us was a large mansion made of white marble. It reminded me of the pictures I had seen of the White House when it was still in existence.

The mansion sat toward the back of the greenery, which sloped across a perfectly manicured patch of grass, lined with various colored violets. It rested right in front of the body of water, connecting to a marina.

"Greetings." A man in his early twenties with a purple suit and bow tie appeared out of nowhere, startling me a bit. "My name is Hunt Paul, the mayor's assistant. Please follow me."

"To where?" Rayne crossed her arms.

"Follow me and you will find out," Hunt replied.

After crossing a slender, but long path, we were taken to the large white mansion. We entered into its large open foyer. I couldn't believe my eyes. There were marble floors and twin grand staircases with an expensive crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling between the two staircases. The walls were covered in portraits and expensive artwork dating to maybe the 18th or 19th century. A baby grand piano was housed in one corner. I had never seen anything so beautiful.

"Someone pinch me," Brennan joked. "This can't be real."

"It sure is." An elegant woman in her late thirties traveled down one of the twin stairways. "I'm glad you all made it." Her auburn-colored hair shimmered under the fluorescent lighting. "Oh, where are my manners. I'm Serina, the mayor of this glorious town," she introduced herself while her foot hit the bottom stair.