Over the years the girls had dealt with the police a few times, especially when a demonic serial killer was on the loose. That look on Danny's face was the look the girls got when they heard the police's theories and knew, not just suspected, but knew that the police were wrong.

Why would Danny have the same air of worry shrouding him? What did he know that made him positive it wasn't this Technus? Her charge was turning out to a bit of an enigma.

The bell rang and the group of four rushed to class. The day continued on as normal, until fifth period.

The third sign came sometime during her English class with Mr. Lancer. The PA crackled to life and the third song poured from it into the classroom.

Everywhere I go

Every smile I see

I know you are there

Smiling back at me

Dancin' in moonlight

I know you are free,

'Cause I can see your star

Shining down on me.

Once more the static crackled on the airwaves before silence took over once again, only to be interrupted seconds later by the class' uproar.

Theories flew around the classroom, most involving the ghost, Technus, that the others had mentioned that morning.

There was no doubt about it. No demon or ghost could have possibly known to use, not just those songs, but those verses in that very specific order. Even the song during breakfast, the chorus had been cut exactly like Zoey's song mix.

Years ago, Zoey had taken her favorite verses from her three favorite songs and cut them into her own mix. It had been the first thing on her iPod.

Then...it...it must be Zoey...!

Sam felt like a world of weight was being lifted off her shoulders. If Zoey was still alive, in some shape or form, then the Circle Five still existed and Sam still had her duty.

Sam smiled; her world suddenly felt more fitting, more clear. She thought about calling Barbra to tell her the news when her gaze caught Danny, Tucker, and Valerie in a huddle.

With the resuming of her duty and no fear of her powers, Sam tuned into their conversation with ease, filtering out the background noise as only a witch could.

The conversation came into clarity as Mr. Lancer walked over to the trio and crouched down by their tables. An uncomfortable act in his slacks, Sam was sure.

"So what's going on? Is it that Technus fellow again?" Lancer asked.

Danny shook his head.

"I don't know if it's even a ghost. My ghost sense hasn't gone off, and... that thing in the gym yesterday, the one that nearly killed Sam, it wasn't a ghost, either. Actually..." Danny trailed off. Uncertainty was clear as a bell in his tone. Like he was out of his element.

"Actually...?" Valeria prompted.

"Sam called it a heat fiend," Danny confessed.

What?

They all looked at each other in confusion.

"Sam? As in Miss Manson?" Lancer quirked.

"Yep," Danny replied with a nod.

What the hell?

That didn't make any sense. She'd told Phantom about the Heat Fiend, not Danny. Danny wasn't even there.