Perseus

| Mythic fiction | Adventure |

I do not own the story
Cerita asli berasal dari Mitologi Yunani
Saya hanya menceritakan kembali
Dengan gaya penulisan sendiri
Jadi, mungkin agak sedikit lawak

Thanks for Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan as the main inspiration of the making of this chapter

Warning:

CERITA INI BILINGUAL ALIAS DITULIS DALAM DUA BAHASA:
BAHASA INGGRIS DAN BAHASA INDONESIA

SILAKAN SCROLL KE BAWAH UNTUK LANGSUNG MEMBACA TERJEMAHANNYA
Cheers! (๑°▽°๑)ฅ  

| E-Jazzy | 1799 words |

ENGLISH VERSION

Once, there lived a Greek Hero from Argos named Perseus. He was the son of the mortal Danaë and the God Zeus.

Perseus was the first Greek Hero who got a mission from the Greek Gods, even before Heracles. For the standard of Greek Heroes, Perseus had a long life and didn't die wretchedly. Yet, he had such a hard journey.

So, here the things started.

Before, the king of Argos and also the father of Danaë, Akrisios, really wanted a son to inherit the kingdom. Akrisios went to the Oracle Delphi to ask if in the future he would have a son, but the prophecy said that he would have a grandson instead, who would someday take over the kingdom.

As a final touch, the Oracle told him that, someday, he would be killed by his own grandson.

The fidgety Akrisios went home with the thought of Danaë, his own daughter, giving birth to a boy who would end his life. What happen next was that Akrisios locked up his daughter in a dungeon so she would never marry or bear anyone.

Unfortunately, dungeon couldn't keep away Zeus from falling for Danaë. He came to Danaë in a form of a shower of gold.

Then, there born Perseus.

One of the prison guards brought the news to Akrisios and told him in anxiety, "Um ... your daughter wanted to meet you to meet your grandson. The father is the God Zeus."

The meaning of Perseus's name was avenger or destroyer. Along with Danaë's anger against her father, that halfblood grandson of his made Akrisios terrified. Akrisios could imagine the sound of the Oracle saying, I told you so.

Akrisios decided to pack both of Perseus and Danaë in a large wooden chest, then exile them to the sea. To show how kind his heart was, he added some holes on the wooden chest for her daughter and grandson to breathe. Akrisios thought that he would be in peace after all, avoiding the prophecy.