24 | Hope Is Coming

Start from the beginning

"This woman who born in the gutter happens to see me in my vulnerable state but she never reacted like you did when you saw me. This woman who was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth never once disrespect me as you did to me. Tell me, Tatiana, are you better than her in any way?" Tatiana scoffed.

"Of course I am." She said proudly.

"Then someone so dignified-like you would not like to be dragged out from the palace. Leave before I force you to leave. And for what you've done to the throne, I forgive you. Even though you smeared my name, I forgive you."

"What did she did to you?" Kathryn asked.

"You want to know commoner?" Tatiana smiled.

"I told everyone that the emperor rape my maid just so I don't have to marry a freak like him. Don't you feel the same, commoner?! He's a freak! He doesn't deserve to live!" Her true colours emerging yet again.

"I find him adorable," I felt Kathryn's hands-on mine.

"He's not a freak. He's special. Those who can't see that he's special doesn't deserve to be near his vicinity. Leave, now. Guards! Take her away!" The guards bow and grabbed Tatiana by the shoulder.

Since when did the guards listen to her?!

"Don't touch me! Don't you know who I am! I am Tatiana! Get your hands of off me, you mongrel!" The guards dragged her away from the room and close the door. I turned to Kathryn who acted as if nothing happened.

"So, mind telling me why the guards followed your orders?" Kathryn shrugged her shoulder.

"I did something to help them, so they swore to obey me. That is all," she helped them?! And that's enough to make my guards obey her?! I'm beginning to question myself what kind of person she is. There is no way she's just a normal girl.

"I can't believe her. Talk to the emperor like that! She should be hung on the gallows for everyone to see! Despicable!" Was that really Kathryn talking?

"Kathryn, did my cousin did something to you?" Kathryn faces me.

"The duchess told me what she did to you. There's no way I let people like her look down on you anymore. Especially her," she's protecting me?

I never would expect that.

***

"I never would've thought that you and Dolores are actually dating each other. How? Did you went back to the restaurant and stalked her?" Dolores nodding her head while Fred denies it.

"What?! I never stalked you. What makes you think I did?" Fred asked Dolores who try to make herself comfortable.

"You came to my restaurant every single day until the day you actually have the balls to ask me out. I say that's stalking. What do you think, Alvia?" I smiled when they both turned to me.

"I think that is love and effort. So, what brings both of you here today? Knowing Dolores and how she used refused to be here in the empire's Capital must mean something," I asked while they took each other's hands.

"I understand that the Knight family betrayed the empire by joining the Resistance. But from what I was told before I went to live at the free city, the royal family took custody of the Knight's estate. Correct?" I nod.

"That is correct. My father thought that someone from the Knight family would want to have their house back. That's why he took care of the estate in your stead, Dolores. We have known each other since we're a child. It was your parents who made the mistake not yours," I assured her that she's welcome to the empire anytime.