Chapter 1: Battles Lost And Won

Kara leaned over the balcony of the DEO. Her arms crossed. There was a slight smile on her face with the fact that she had finally beaten Reign. Sam and Ruby were safe. However Winn was going to the future. Her bestfriend. Would she ever see him again? But overall Kara was happy for Winn, she knew that he would accomplish great things.
Behind her a familiar voice echoed as it got louder and she could hear footsteps walking towards her.

"Way to go Supergirl!" Mon el exclaimed as he walked to towards the balcony and leaned over. He spotted a small smile from Kara in response to him, but slowly dissipated and formed a frown.
"Kara are you alright" Mon el asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" " It's just a lot to take in and Winn I'd leaving and Jonn is resigning as director from the DEO, and Sam and Ruby are leaving. And my mum, for so many years I would have run at the chance to go back to my mum and my planet. Argo exists, my mum is alive but I have stay here in the world I have a responsibility to protect. ". Kara responded

"Yeah that is a lot to take in but Kara you are the strongest person I know and I dont just mean physically, Alex she cares a lot about you, If there is anything I've learnt it's that you two need each other. This is your home now, Kara it's a part of you . This city needs you, depends on you and you can visit your mother whenever you like." He lifted on of her hands and placed a small gold ring with L on her finger. "With this, it's about time you have your own legion ring".

"Thank you, but I must say" Kara spoke and turned swiftly to face Mon el. " I couldn't have done it without you, I'm going to miss our friendship"
Kara leaned in arms out stretched to embrace him in a hug but stopped abruptly due to the puzzling expression on Monel's face.

"Kara I have something to tell you." Mon el said

"You see the thing is, I never fell in love with Imra but to stop Titan and future Earth going to war, we decided to unite the planets with our marriage. It was difficult because I was still mourning the loss of you, but I knew it was the right thing to do"
Mon el explained

"Yeah it was Mon el, your really are an amazing hero, but why are you telling me this? Kara asked, confused.

"Well Kara, earlier today, Imra and I, well, we broke off the marriage, she knew It wasn't right for us to be with each if we weren't truly in love." Monel continued.
Then Mon el reached down to hold Kara's hands. "Kara I know you have been through so much this year and in our relationship, I'm sorry I was such a jerk before, I'm sorry for lying, I'm sorry for comming back and hurting you again." A single tear rolled down Mon el's right cheek. He wiped it away with the side of his bruised knuckle.

Mon el began again " Kara I'm sorry for everything, but finally being back with you again after seven years. I don't want to lose you again. I know I'm a mess but I want to start over and repair what we had and make it better. I want to stay Kara.....with you. If you'd let me".

A shocked expression was plastered across Kara's face. She could not utter a word. Shocked and motionless. Kara stood there.

Mon el loosened his grip from her hands "I'm sorry, I understand, I'll go"
"Bye" he muttered under his breath as he turned to leave.

Kara felt a cold breeze fly past her. When she realised what she was doing. She was letting him go. She was afraid because she didn't want to get hurt again....lose him again. However Kara yelled "wait" as she grabbed his arm desperately and pulled him gently towards her. They're faces almost touching...5 inches apart. His hands were wrapped around her waist and Kara had one hand on his bicep and the other caressing his face.
"Hi" she whispered.
"Hi" Mon el softly responded.
she leaned in and kissed him gently. Mon el pushed back a little harder. He had longed to feel her lips against his. They kissed passionately for a moment. Kara remembered the sweet familiar taste of his lips. She felt as though she was floating.
Parting from Monel he had a tighter grip around her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck. She opened her eyes to see that they were floating in mid-air. Mon el let out a chuckle saying "that was a a powerful kiss alright" Kara began to blush. Mon-el stared into her deep blue eyes watching the colour of her pale cheeks turning a bright blushed pink. The moon glimered in her eyes. The pair of them,inseperable, began to hover downwards to the ground of the balcony.
"Kara I have to go back to the future to clear some things up. But I'll be back soon I promise". Mon el said before Kara stole a quick kiss from him to savour the taste of his lips. Mon el broke off and pressed his lips into her forehead before staring innocently into her eyes muttering "Goodbye" and eventually managing to break his gaze, he walked off.
Kara admired him and his figure as he walked away, grinning uncontrollably.

Kara stood there dazzled. A grin had spread across her face. She couldn't comprehend how happy she felt. It was as though a weight had been lifted of her.