TR7

The next day I woke up more than ready to face the world – said the girl who didn’t have her heart broken by her best friend the night before when she realised he turned out to be a self-conceited idiot. Who had anger management problems and tended to use her as his emotional dumping ground.

But that’s beside the point, the point is I woke up the next day determined not to let Jack get to me. No, I was better than that and today instead of doing what I wanted to do, which was eat copious amounts of ice cream and hold a pity part for one. I got out of bed, made myself presentable enough to face the world and left my room, heading straight for the werewolf wing.

The werewolves were more than enough of a distraction, they kept me entertained for the whole day, never leaving my side, never letting me feel alone. Truthfully, I had no idea what I needed to do next and no way of really knowing. The only way I could find out was through Jack but the idea of speaking to him again made me want to jump off a cliff into jagged rocks.

I sighed as I walked back to my room, it was late, real late but I didn’t really care, part of me wanted to prolong going back even more by heading to the Vampires wing. As tempting as that was I refrained because maybe I felt like being sensible for once, who knows. I’ve given up understanding my thought processes nowadays.

As I reach my room, I suddenly feel incredibly drained I just about manage to get changed and get myself into bed before I fall into a deep sleep. My sleep was peaceful and for once actually fulfilled what you’d expect from sleep, you know waking up rested rather than more tired, feeling refreshed instead of a train wreck, that kind of thing.

I had one of the most beautiful dreams too, I dreamt that I had a family and we were all getting ready for a picnic, unfortunately I had woken up by the time the picnic was ready to eat but nonetheless it was a nice change from what my dreams usually consisted of.

I took my time getting out of bed, purely because I didn’t feel like being around people, didn’t feel like talking, or doing anything. The laziest of lazy days, was to be today.  It only took me half an hour to get sick of doing nothing and so after getting ready I left for the library which should hopefully be open today.

Not having the slightest clue about what I was doing in the library, I wracked my brains for something, anything to look into, to read about. Everyone was keeping shutum about anything to do with the prophecy and they all acted like it never existed.

The only thing I knew was what Felix had told me and other than the random advice that made no sense to me whatsoever there was that fairy tale, or was it a fable? Whatever it was that made no-

Hold on. I could research the story! It was the only thing I had that I knew fully, and that somehow linked to the prophecy, if I could research the origins of the story maybe that would give me more understanding of what the hell the prophecy was and what the story meant in everything.

Since this was the best and only idea I have had since all this started,  it was my current course of action. Until someone told me what the hell was going on, but since that was as unlikely as ogres updating their cleaning regimen and actually smelling nice for once, then this what I had to do, even with the potentially fruitless results.